Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Looking for presentation on making troop meetings more organized

  • Tim Yagley
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
      I could be wrong, but I think what you're talking about is TLT and NYLT.

      YIS,

      Tim Yagley
      Scoutmaster, Troop 889

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
        Those are both good courses but I believe the OP is looking for something more specific. I guess the question starts by narrowing down what is meant by "more organized". I mean what is unorganized now? Are they simply running around? Is there no program planned at all? Are the scouts bored?

        I like this idea and it sounds like the basis of a good RT discussion........

        Connie

        --- On Sat, 1/5/13, Tim Yagley <tim.yagley@...> wrote:

        I could be wrong, but I think what you're talking about is TLT and NYLT.

        YIS,

      • Rhees Family
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
          Tim, TLT was replaced in 2011 with ILST.

          Mike Rhees
          Wabash Valley District Chairman

          On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 5:30 PM, Tim Yagley <tim.yagley@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > I could be wrong, but I think what you're talking about is TLT and NYLT.
          >
          > YIS,
          >
          > Tim Yagley
          > Scoutmaster, Troop 889

        • Jenn Marques
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
            Here is a TLT Power point that I found online. Hope this helps

            Sincerely,
            Jenn Marques

            To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com

            Yes, your correct, probably a course for both the SM and SPL together so they both see the same thing and experience the same exercises.

            ideas?

            --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com , jlshannon wrote:

            > Don't you mean Senior patrol Leader?

            > Sent from my iPhone

            > On Jan 5, 2013, at 1:43 PM, "Bill" wrote:

            > > Has anyone put together a presentation for Scoutmasters on making a troop meeting more organized?

          • Jamie Niss Dunn
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
              Jenn - did you send an attachment? The list strips them off. You will need to post the file to the group's Yahoo! site.

              Jamie Dunn

              On Jan 5, 2013, at 5:37 PM, Jenn Marques <jennmarques@...> wrote:

              > Here is a TLT Power point that I found online. Hope this helps
              >
              > Sincerely,
              > Jenn Marques
              >

              > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
              > From: tim.yagley@...
              > Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 22:30:05 +0000
              > Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Looking for presentation on making troop meetings more organized
              >
              > I could be wrong, but I think what you're talking about is TLT and NYLT.
              >
              > YIS,
              >
              > Tim Yagley
              >
              > Scoutmaster, Troop 889

            • Bill
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
                Problems to be addressed are pretty well summed up in the Voice of the Scout survey:

                http://www.scouting.org/filestore/mission/pdf/VOS2012SpringCycleFullReport_Spring2012.pdf

                http://www.scouting.org/filestore/mission/pdf/VoSExecutiveSummary_Spring12.pdf

                --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Connie Knie wrote:

                > Those are both good courses but I believe the OP is looking for something more specific. I guess the question starts by narrowing down what is meant by "more organized". I mean what is unorganized now? Are they simply running around? Is there no program planned at all? Are the scouts bored?
                >
                > I like this idea and it sounds like the basis of a good RT discussion........
                >
                > Connie
                >
                > --- On Sat, 1/5/13, Tim Yagley wrote:
                >

                > I could be wrong, but I think what you're talking about is TLT and NYLT.
                >
                > YIS,

              • Mike and Laura Beck
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 6, 2013
                  Bill, I can't help with a suggestion of training, but here are some things to consider. Is the PLC meeting regularly / monthly? Are the *Scouts* planning the meetings? What are they trying to accomplish? Have you asked them what they want to do about it?

                  Mike
                  <><
                  Train a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it - Proverbs 22:6.
                  ScoutMaster@...
                  http://www.bstroop61.com/

                  On Jan 5, 2013, at 2:43 PM, Bill <bnelson45@...> wrote:

                  > Has anyone put together a presentation for Scoutmasters on making a troop meeting more organized?

                • A. Dukovic
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 6, 2013
                    Ya don't need a slide show Bill, ya just need to use "Troop Meeting Plan" and it's available from Scouting.org; just use their search engine to find it??

                    At your Patrol Leaders Council meetings, simply use this to plan your meetings and then make sure you USE it!!

                    - Art