Re: Looking for presentation on making troop meetings more organized

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
      Yes, your correct, probably a course for both the SM and SPL together so they both see the same thing and experience the same exercises.

      ideas?

      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, jlshannon wrote:

      > Don't you mean Senior patrol Leader?
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone
      >
      > On Jan 5, 2013, at 1:43 PM, "Bill" wrote:
      >
      > > Has anyone put together a presentation for Scoutmasters on making a troop meeting more organized?

    • Tim Yagley
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
        I could be wrong, but I think what you're talking about is TLT and NYLT.

        YIS,

        Tim Yagley
        Scoutmaster, Troop 889

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
          Those are both good courses but I believe the OP is looking for something more specific. I guess the question starts by narrowing down what is meant by "more organized". I mean what is unorganized now? Are they simply running around? Is there no program planned at all? Are the scouts bored?

          I like this idea and it sounds like the basis of a good RT discussion........

          Connie

          --- On Sat, 1/5/13, Tim Yagley <tim.yagley@...> wrote:

          I could be wrong, but I think what you're talking about is TLT and NYLT.

          YIS,

        • Rhees Family
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
            Tim, TLT was replaced in 2011 with ILST.

            Mike Rhees
            Wabash Valley District Chairman

            On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 5:30 PM, Tim Yagley <tim.yagley@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > I could be wrong, but I think what you're talking about is TLT and NYLT.
            >
            > YIS,
            >
            > Tim Yagley
            > Scoutmaster, Troop 889

          • Jenn Marques
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
              Here is a TLT Power point that I found online. Hope this helps

              Sincerely,
              Jenn Marques

              To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com

              Yes, your correct, probably a course for both the SM and SPL together so they both see the same thing and experience the same exercises.

              ideas?

              --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com , jlshannon wrote:

              > Don't you mean Senior patrol Leader?

              > Sent from my iPhone

              > On Jan 5, 2013, at 1:43 PM, "Bill" wrote:

              > > Has anyone put together a presentation for Scoutmasters on making a troop meeting more organized?

            • Jamie Niss Dunn
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
                Jenn - did you send an attachment? The list strips them off. You will need to post the file to the group's Yahoo! site.

                Jamie Dunn

                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
                  Problems to be addressed are pretty well summed up in the Voice of the Scout survey:

                  http://www.scouting.org/filestore/mission/pdf/VOS2012SpringCycleFullReport_Spring2012.pdf

                  http://www.scouting.org/filestore/mission/pdf/VoSExecutiveSummary_Spring12.pdf

                  --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Connie Knie wrote:

                  > Those are both good courses but I believe the OP is looking for something more specific. I guess the question starts by narrowing down what is meant by "more organized". I mean what is unorganized now? Are they simply running around? Is there no program planned at all? Are the scouts bored?
                  >
                  > I like this idea and it sounds like the basis of a good RT discussion........
                  >
                  > Connie
                  >
                  > --- On Sat, 1/5/13, Tim Yagley wrote:
                  >

                  > I could be wrong, but I think what you're talking about is TLT and NYLT.
                  >
                  > YIS,

                • Mike and Laura Beck
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 6, 2013
                    Bill, I can't help with a suggestion of training, but here are some things to consider. Is the PLC meeting regularly / monthly? Are the *Scouts* planning the meetings? What are they trying to accomplish? Have you asked them what they want to do about it?

                    Mike
                    <><
                    Train a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it - Proverbs 22:6.
                    ScoutMaster@...
                    http://www.bstroop61.com/

                    On Jan 5, 2013, at 2:43 PM, Bill <bnelson45@...> wrote:

                    > Has anyone put together a presentation for Scoutmasters on making a troop meeting more organized?

                  • A. Dukovic
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 6, 2013
                      Ya don't need a slide show Bill, ya just need to use "Troop Meeting Plan" and it's available from Scouting.org; just use their search engine to find it??

                      At your Patrol Leaders Council meetings, simply use this to plan your meetings and then make sure you USE it!!

                      - Art