Re: [Scouter_T] Looking for presentation on making troop meetings more organized

  • jlshannon
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
      Don't you mean Senior patrol Leader?

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jan 5, 2013, at 1:43 PM, "Bill" <bnelson45@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone put together a presentation for Scoutmasters on making a troop meeting more organized?

    • Bill
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
        Yes, your correct, probably a course for both the SM and SPL together so they both see the same thing and experience the same exercises.

        ideas?

        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, jlshannon wrote:

        > Don't you mean Senior patrol Leader?
        >
        > Sent from my iPhone
        >
        > On Jan 5, 2013, at 1:43 PM, "Bill" wrote:
        >
        > > Has anyone put together a presentation for Scoutmasters on making a troop meeting more organized?

      • Tim Yagley
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
          I could be wrong, but I think what you're talking about is TLT and NYLT.

          YIS,

          Tim Yagley
          Scoutmaster, Troop 889

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
            Those are both good courses but I believe the OP is looking for something more specific. I guess the question starts by narrowing down what is meant by "more organized". I mean what is unorganized now? Are they simply running around? Is there no program planned at all? Are the scouts bored?

            I like this idea and it sounds like the basis of a good RT discussion........

            Connie

            --- On Sat, 1/5/13, Tim Yagley <tim.yagley@...> wrote:

            I could be wrong, but I think what you're talking about is TLT and NYLT.

            YIS,

          • Rhees Family
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
              Tim, TLT was replaced in 2011 with ILST.

              Mike Rhees
              Wabash Valley District Chairman

              On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 5:30 PM, Tim Yagley <tim.yagley@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > I could be wrong, but I think what you're talking about is TLT and NYLT.
              >
              > YIS,
              >
              > Tim Yagley
              > Scoutmaster, Troop 889

            • Jenn Marques
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
                Here is a TLT Power point that I found online. Hope this helps

                Sincerely,
                Jenn Marques

                To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com

                Yes, your correct, probably a course for both the SM and SPL together so they both see the same thing and experience the same exercises.

                ideas?

                --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com , jlshannon wrote:

                > Don't you mean Senior patrol Leader?

                > Sent from my iPhone

                > On Jan 5, 2013, at 1:43 PM, "Bill" wrote:

                > > Has anyone put together a presentation for Scoutmasters on making a troop meeting more organized?

              • Jamie Niss Dunn
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
                  Jenn - did you send an attachment? The list strips them off. You will need to post the file to the group's Yahoo! site.

                  Jamie Dunn

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
                    Problems to be addressed are pretty well summed up in the Voice of the Scout survey:

                    http://www.scouting.org/filestore/mission/pdf/VOS2012SpringCycleFullReport_Spring2012.pdf

                    http://www.scouting.org/filestore/mission/pdf/VoSExecutiveSummary_Spring12.pdf

                    --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Connie Knie wrote:

                    > Those are both good courses but I believe the OP is looking for something more specific. I guess the question starts by narrowing down what is meant by "more organized". I mean what is unorganized now? Are they simply running around? Is there no program planned at all? Are the scouts bored?
                    >
                    > I like this idea and it sounds like the basis of a good RT discussion........
                    >
                    > Connie
                    >
                    > --- On Sat, 1/5/13, Tim Yagley wrote:
                    >

                    > I could be wrong, but I think what you're talking about is TLT and NYLT.
                    >
                    > YIS,

                  • Mike and Laura Beck
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 6, 2013
                      Bill, I can't help with a suggestion of training, but here are some things to consider. Is the PLC meeting regularly / monthly? Are the *Scouts* planning the meetings? What are they trying to accomplish? Have you asked them what they want to do about it?

                      Mike
                      <><
                      Train a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it - Proverbs 22:6.
                      ScoutMaster@...
                      http://www.bstroop61.com/

                      On Jan 5, 2013, at 2:43 PM, Bill <bnelson45@...> wrote:

                      > Has anyone put together a presentation for Scoutmasters on making a troop meeting more organized?

                    • A. Dukovic
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 6, 2013
                        Ya don't need a slide show Bill, ya just need to use "Troop Meeting Plan" and it's available from Scouting.org; just use their search engine to find it??

                        At your Patrol Leaders Council meetings, simply use this to plan your meetings and then make sure you USE it!!

                        - Art