Looking for presentation on making troop meetings more organized

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
      Has anyone put together a presentation for Scoutmasters on making a troop meeting more organized?
    • jlshannon
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
        Don't you mean Senior patrol Leader?

        Sent from my iPhone

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
          Yes, your correct, probably a course for both the SM and SPL together so they both see the same thing and experience the same exercises.

          ideas?

          --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, jlshannon wrote:

          > Don't you mean Senior patrol Leader?
          >
          > Sent from my iPhone
          >
          > On Jan 5, 2013, at 1:43 PM, "Bill" wrote:
          >
          > > Has anyone put together a presentation for Scoutmasters on making a troop meeting more organized?

        • Tim Yagley
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
            I could be wrong, but I think what you're talking about is TLT and NYLT.

            YIS,

            Tim Yagley
            Scoutmaster, Troop 889

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
              Those are both good courses but I believe the OP is looking for something more specific. I guess the question starts by narrowing down what is meant by "more organized". I mean what is unorganized now? Are they simply running around? Is there no program planned at all? Are the scouts bored?

              I like this idea and it sounds like the basis of a good RT discussion........

              Connie

              --- On Sat, 1/5/13, Tim Yagley <tim.yagley@...> wrote:

              I could be wrong, but I think what you're talking about is TLT and NYLT.

              YIS,

            • Rhees Family
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
                Tim, TLT was replaced in 2011 with ILST.

                Mike Rhees
                Wabash Valley District Chairman

                On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 5:30 PM, Tim Yagley <tim.yagley@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > I could be wrong, but I think what you're talking about is TLT and NYLT.
                >
                > YIS,
                >
                > Tim Yagley
                > Scoutmaster, Troop 889

              • Jenn Marques
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
                  Here is a TLT Power point that I found online. Hope this helps

                  Sincerely,
                  Jenn Marques

                  To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com

                  Yes, your correct, probably a course for both the SM and SPL together so they both see the same thing and experience the same exercises.

                  ideas?

                  --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com , jlshannon wrote:

                  > Don't you mean Senior patrol Leader?

                  > Sent from my iPhone

                  > On Jan 5, 2013, at 1:43 PM, "Bill" wrote:

                  > > Has anyone put together a presentation for Scoutmasters on making a troop meeting more organized?

                • Jamie Niss Dunn
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
                    Jenn - did you send an attachment? The list strips them off. You will need to post the file to the group's Yahoo! site.

                    Jamie Dunn

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 5, 2013
                      Problems to be addressed are pretty well summed up in the Voice of the Scout survey:

                      http://www.scouting.org/filestore/mission/pdf/VOS2012SpringCycleFullReport_Spring2012.pdf

                      http://www.scouting.org/filestore/mission/pdf/VoSExecutiveSummary_Spring12.pdf

                      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Connie Knie wrote:

                      > Those are both good courses but I believe the OP is looking for something more specific. I guess the question starts by narrowing down what is meant by "more organized". I mean what is unorganized now? Are they simply running around? Is there no program planned at all? Are the scouts bored?
                      >
                      > I like this idea and it sounds like the basis of a good RT discussion........
                      >
                      > Connie
                      >
                      > --- On Sat, 1/5/13, Tim Yagley wrote:
                      >

                      > I could be wrong, but I think what you're talking about is TLT and NYLT.
                      >
                      > YIS,

                    • Mike and Laura Beck
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 6, 2013
                        Bill, I can't help with a suggestion of training, but here are some things to consider. Is the PLC meeting regularly / monthly? Are the *Scouts* planning the meetings? What are they trying to accomplish? Have you asked them what they want to do about it?

                        Mike
                        <><
                        Train a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it - Proverbs 22:6.
                        ScoutMaster@...
                        http://www.bstroop61.com/

                        On Jan 5, 2013, at 2:43 PM, Bill <bnelson45@...> wrote:

                        > Has anyone put together a presentation for Scoutmasters on making a troop meeting more organized?

                      • A. Dukovic
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jan 6, 2013
                          Ya don't need a slide show Bill, ya just need to use "Troop Meeting Plan" and it's available from Scouting.org; just use their search engine to find it??

                          At your Patrol Leaders Council meetings, simply use this to plan your meetings and then make sure you USE it!!

                          - Art