Re: Keeping Training Records Updated

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 26, 2012
      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Nelson" wrote:

      > I am attempting to create a user guide explaining all these
      interactions for my council. The draft is here:
      > http://bsatroop14.com/training/BSA-Training-Records-Explained.pdf
      >
      > Please let me know any thoughts/corrections/additions

      Two other things I would do:

      1. Place a date on each page. That way when there are revisions, one
      would know which version is the most current.
      2. Place 'Page n of n pages" on the bottom of the document. That way
      anyone will know they have the entire document.

      I do this for all my documents; helps keep order.

      Thanks,

      Paul Y
      District Advancement and Recognition Chair
      Thunderbird District
      Inland Northwest Council
      Spokane WA
      "Once a Fox, always a Fox"

    • Bill
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 26, 2012
        Thanks
        Made the changes

        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <paulp575@...> wrote:

        > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Nelson" wrote:
        > >
        > > I am attempting to create a user guide explaining all these
        > interactions for my council. The draft is here:
        > > http://bsatroop14.com/training/BSA-Training-Records-Explained.pdf
        > >
        > > Please let me know any thoughts/corrections/additions
        >
        > Two other things I would do:
        >
        > 1. Place a date on each page. That way when there are revisions, one
        > would know which version is the most current.
        > 2. Place 'Page n of n pages" on the bottom of the document. That way
        > anyone will know they have the entire document.
        >
        > I do this for all my documents; helps keep order.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Paul Y
        > District Advancement and Recognition Chair
        > Thunderbird District
        > Inland Northwest Council
        > Spokane WA
        > "Once a Fox, always a Fox"

      • Paul
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 26, 2012
          --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" wrote:

          > Thanks
          > Made the changes

          Awesome - looking good.

          One of the other things you may want to check is which MyScouting.org
          you are referring to.

          There are now two totally different one:

          1. www.myscouting.org - the old one
          2. www.my.scouting.org (notice the period between My and scouting) - the
          new one.

          If I'm reading the information correctly, my.scouting.org (the new one)
          will some day will totally replace the myscouting.org (the old one).

          You may want to go through your document and verify each reference to
          ensure you are referring to the correct one.