Re: Unit Training Tracking

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 22, 2012
      More information from the Training page on Myscouting.org

      Unit Training Detail Report
      The Unit Training Detail report is provided to unit adults holding the Unit Leader, Committee Chairman, and Chartered Organization Representative positions in their units. Unit Training Detail will provide each unit with a listing of adults and display all BSA training courses shown as completed on the person records. Key unit adults who are affiliated with several units will select each unit individually for viewing. For example, a chartered organization representative for a pack, troop, team, and crew will view units based on this role in those units. The adult training information may be exported for the use of the unit to provide an inventory of training courses completed by adult leaders.

      Unit Training Tracking Report
      The Unit Training Tracking report is provided to council and district volunteers. Unit Training Tracking will provide the units in each district and will list adults with BSA training courses completed on the person records. The data display is controlled by the District pick list and when a District selection is made the result will display the Unit pick list allowing the selection of each unit individually for viewing. Once a unit is selected, the action of refresh report must be taken to display the unit. The adult training information may be exported for the use of the council and district to provide an inventory of training courses completed by adult leaders.

      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <bnelson45@...> wrote:

      > If you are registered with the unit (and it may be only the CC, COR and unit leader) you have visibility of a report just for your unit. It appears in the same place and is called Unit Training Detail. It is the same report but just for your unit.
      >
      > I see it for the troop I am a CC for.
      >
      > I see the other one too. Could be because I am on the district committee. I don't know if unit leaders see the one where you can select all the units in the council.
      >
      > Bill
      >
      > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Domnick" <lmdomnick@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Yes, I did see it on there.
      > > But be warned - if they haven't linked their online training with their BSA
      > > #, it still doesn't show up in scoutnet.
      > >

      > > Linda Domnick
      > > Council Training Chair
      > > Mount Baker Council - BSA
      > >
      > > lmdomnick@
      > > 425-210-2097
      > >
      > > "Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway" - John Wayne
      > >

      > > _____

    • Mark Ellis
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 22, 2012
        Bill, is the format for the two reports that you can view the same, or are
        they different? If so, what are the differences?

        Mark Ellis

        ==========================

        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 23, 2012
          Format is the same. District people can view the reports for all the units in their district one by one. There is no summary view yet.

          Bill

          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 23, 2012
            Ok so I am playing around with this and seem to be able to see training records for any troop or pack and I don't beleive I am one of the "chosen". How is this possible??

            Connie

            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 24, 2012
              I think if you are registered in a district or council position then you get the Unit training tracking report option. The one where you see all the unit training records.

              If you are a CC, COR or unit leader (e.g., Scoutmaster) you get the Unit Training Detail report option where you only see your unit(s)

              If you are registered in both categories, I think you get both.

              --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Connie Knie <cknie23100@...> wrote:

              > Ok so I am playing around with this and seem to be able to see training records for any troop or pack and I don't beleive I am one of the "chosen". How is this possible??
              >
              > Connie
              >
              > --- On Sat, 12/22/12, Bill <bnelson45@...> wrote:
              >

              > More information from the Training page on Myscouting.org
              >
              > Unit Training Detail Report

            • Lisa Titus
              Message 6 of 19 , Dec 24, 2012
                That appears to be so. I'm registered as a CM and also on the district
                committee. I can see my pack's records but I can also see the entire
                district.

                On 12/24/2012 9:57 AM, Bill wrote:
                > I think if you are registered in a district or council position then you get the Unit training tracking report option. The one where you see all the unit training records.
                >
                > If you are a CC, COR or unit leader (e.g., Scoutmaster) you get the Unit Training Detail report option where you only see your unit(s)
                >
                > If you are registered in both categories, I think you get both.
                >

                > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Connie Knie <cknie23100@...> wrote:
                >> Ok so I am playing around with this and seem to be able to see training records for any troop or pack and I don't beleive I am one of the "chosen". How is this possible??
                >>
                >> Connie
                >>
                >> --- On Sat, 12/22/12, Bill <bnelson45@...> wrote:
                >>

                >> More information from the Training page on Myscouting.org
                >>
                >> Unit Training Detail Report

              • M Ekins
                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 24, 2012
                  I am the Pack Trainer and have a district position and I can also see the
                  entire district.

                  Michelle E.

                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 24, 2012
                    I guess what I need (and I don't really know why......LOL) is for someone NOT affiliated with district or council to try to see if they can see everyone's. I guess I am curious only because the press release said something along the lines of "select volunteers" could see all of that info.........

                    Connie

                    --- On Mon, 12/24/12, M Ekins <webelos9919@...> wrote:

                    I am the Pack Trainer and have a district position and I can also see the
                    entire district.

                    Michelle E.

                  • Bill Lovell
                    Message 9 of 19 , Dec 24, 2012
                      My wife is a CC with our Crew and she can only see that one unit. I am a District Member and I can see all of the units in the entire Council.

                      Crabby Bill
                      Akron

                      To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
                      From: cknie23100@...
                      Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 12:10:28 -0800

                    • mark.ellis21@comcast.net
                      Message 10 of 19 , Dec 24, 2012
                        My Troop training chair did not have the unit nor district link.

                        Mark Ellis
                        (703) 376-4150

                        Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

                        Message 11 of 19 , Dec 24, 2012
                          Good test, shows it is working properly. Only the key 3 of the unit (CC, COR, unit leader) would have the unit link. Only registered district members have the district link.

                          Bill

                          Message 12 of 19 , Dec 24, 2012
                            Thanks Mark,
                            That is good to know..

                            Connie

                            --- On Mon, 12/24/12, mark.ellis21@... <mark.ellis21@...> wrote:

                            My Troop training chair did not have the unit nor district link.

                          • Hotmail Rod
                            Message 13 of 19 , Dec 24, 2012
                              I am registered as a unit commissioner. When I go into training validation
                              I can enter a member number or name but can't enter a unit. I am a
                              commissioner for 6 units.

                              Rod

                                Message 15 of 19 , Dec 24, 2012
                                  I can't get anything through the new set up.

                                  Rod