Unit Training Tracking

  • Geoffrey Mayer
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 21, 2012
      Hello!

      I just saw last night that unit training tracking has been added to myscouting.org. If you go to
      www.myscouting.org (www. is optional) and log in, on the next page, in the left column under
      "Training" is "Unit Training Tracking". Click it. A new page opens. Select a district. It will
      redisplay with a list of units (may take a minute). Select a unit and press "View Report". You'll
      get a list of everyone registered in the unit who has training recorded, including youth who have
      taken NYLT. This can be exported as a PDF file or as a Comma-Separated (CSV) format. The latter
      will open in Excel and can then be saved as an Excel file if desired. So you can get t list for
      every unit in your district, just one at a time. The list contains the individual BSA ID's, so this
      can be linked to other Excel files that have other information if desired.

      This does not give access to merit badge counselors and district or council people who are not
      registered with a unit, but it's a great tool.

      God bless!

      Geoffrey Mayer
      Old Sycamore District Training Chair
      Black Swamp Area Council (northwest Ohio)
    • Dan Smith
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 21, 2012
        District Key 3 has access too. I went in there last night.

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Dec 21, 2012, at 6:58 AM, "Geoffrey Mayer" <geoffrey@...> wrote:

        > Hello!
        >
        > I just saw last night that unit training tracking has been added to myscouting.org. If you go to
        > www.myscouting.org (www. is optional) and log in, on the next page, in the left column under
        > "Training" is "Unit Training Tracking". Click it. A new page opens. Select a district. It will
        > redisplay with a list of units (may take a minute). Select a unit and press "View Report". You'll
        > get a list of everyone registered in the unit who has training recorded, including youth who have
        > taken NYLT. This can be exported as a PDF file or as a Comma-Separated (CSV) format. The latter
        > will open in Excel and can then be saved as an Excel file if desired. So you can get t list for
        > every unit in your district, just one at a time. The list contains the individual BSA ID's, so this
        > can be linked to other Excel files that have other information if desired.
        >
        > This does not give access to merit badge counselors and district or council people who are not
        > registered with a unit, but it's a great tool.
        >
        > God bless!
        >
        > Geoffrey Mayer
        > Old Sycamore District Training Chair
        > Black Swamp Area Council (northwest Ohio)

      • Linda Domnick
        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 21, 2012
          Yes, I did see it on there.
          But be warned - if they haven't linked their online training with their BSA
          #, it still doesn't show up in scoutnet.

          Linda Domnick
          Council Training Chair
          Mount Baker Council - BSA

          lmdomnick@...
          425-210-2097

          "Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

          _____

          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 22, 2012
            If you are registered with the unit (and it may be only the CC, COR and unit leader) you have visibility of a report just for your unit. It appears in the same place and is called Unit Training Detail. It is the same report but just for your unit.

            I see it for the troop I am a CC for.

            I see the other one too. Could be because I am on the district committee. I don't know if unit leaders see the one where you can select all the units in the council.

            Bill

            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 22, 2012
              More information from the Training page on Myscouting.org

              Unit Training Detail Report
              The Unit Training Detail report is provided to unit adults holding the Unit Leader, Committee Chairman, and Chartered Organization Representative positions in their units. Unit Training Detail will provide each unit with a listing of adults and display all BSA training courses shown as completed on the person records. Key unit adults who are affiliated with several units will select each unit individually for viewing. For example, a chartered organization representative for a pack, troop, team, and crew will view units based on this role in those units. The adult training information may be exported for the use of the unit to provide an inventory of training courses completed by adult leaders.

              Unit Training Tracking Report
              The Unit Training Tracking report is provided to council and district volunteers. Unit Training Tracking will provide the units in each district and will list adults with BSA training courses completed on the person records. The data display is controlled by the District pick list and when a District selection is made the result will display the Unit pick list allowing the selection of each unit individually for viewing. Once a unit is selected, the action of refresh report must be taken to display the unit. The adult training information may be exported for the use of the council and district to provide an inventory of training courses completed by adult leaders.

              --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <bnelson45@...> wrote:

              > If you are registered with the unit (and it may be only the CC, COR and unit leader) you have visibility of a report just for your unit. It appears in the same place and is called Unit Training Detail. It is the same report but just for your unit.
              >
              > I see it for the troop I am a CC for.
              >
              > I see the other one too. Could be because I am on the district committee. I don't know if unit leaders see the one where you can select all the units in the council.
              >
              > Bill
              >
              > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Domnick" <lmdomnick@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Yes, I did see it on there.
              > > But be warned - if they haven't linked their online training with their BSA
              > > #, it still doesn't show up in scoutnet.
              > >

              > > Linda Domnick
              > > Council Training Chair
              > > Mount Baker Council - BSA
              > >
              > > lmdomnick@
              > > 425-210-2097
              > >
              > > "Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway" - John Wayne
              > >

              > > _____

            • Mark Ellis
              Message 6 of 19 , Dec 22, 2012
                Bill, is the format for the two reports that you can view the same, or are
                they different? If so, what are the differences?

                Mark Ellis

                ==========================

                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 23, 2012
                  Format is the same. District people can view the reports for all the units in their district one by one. There is no summary view yet.

                  Bill

                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 23, 2012
                    Ok so I am playing around with this and seem to be able to see training records for any troop or pack and I don't beleive I am one of the "chosen". How is this possible??

                    Connie

                    Message 9 of 19 , Dec 24, 2012
                      I think if you are registered in a district or council position then you get the Unit training tracking report option. The one where you see all the unit training records.

                      If you are a CC, COR or unit leader (e.g., Scoutmaster) you get the Unit Training Detail report option where you only see your unit(s)

                      If you are registered in both categories, I think you get both.

                      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Connie Knie <cknie23100@...> wrote:

                      > Ok so I am playing around with this and seem to be able to see training records for any troop or pack and I don't beleive I am one of the "chosen". How is this possible??
                      >
                      > Connie
                      >
                      > --- On Sat, 12/22/12, Bill <bnelson45@...> wrote:
                      >

                      > More information from the Training page on Myscouting.org
                      >
                      > Unit Training Detail Report

                    • Lisa Titus
                      Message 10 of 19 , Dec 24, 2012
                        That appears to be so. I'm registered as a CM and also on the district
                        committee. I can see my pack's records but I can also see the entire
                        district.

                        On 12/24/2012 9:57 AM, Bill wrote:
                        > I think if you are registered in a district or council position then you get the Unit training tracking report option. The one where you see all the unit training records.
                        >
                        > If you are a CC, COR or unit leader (e.g., Scoutmaster) you get the Unit Training Detail report option where you only see your unit(s)
                        >
                        > If you are registered in both categories, I think you get both.
                        >

                        > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Connie Knie <cknie23100@...> wrote:
                        >> Ok so I am playing around with this and seem to be able to see training records for any troop or pack and I don't beleive I am one of the "chosen". How is this possible??
                        >>
                        >> Connie
                        >>
                        >> --- On Sat, 12/22/12, Bill <bnelson45@...> wrote:
                        >>

                        >> More information from the Training page on Myscouting.org
                        >>
                        >> Unit Training Detail Report

                      • M Ekins
                        Message 11 of 19 , Dec 24, 2012
                          I am the Pack Trainer and have a district position and I can also see the
                          entire district.

                          Michelle E.

                          Message 12 of 19 , Dec 24, 2012
                            I guess what I need (and I don't really know why......LOL) is for someone NOT affiliated with district or council to try to see if they can see everyone's. I guess I am curious only because the press release said something along the lines of "select volunteers" could see all of that info.........

                            Connie

                            --- On Mon, 12/24/12, M Ekins <webelos9919@...> wrote:

                            I am the Pack Trainer and have a district position and I can also see the
                            entire district.

                            Michelle E.

                          • Bill Lovell
                            Message 13 of 19 , Dec 24, 2012
                              My wife is a CC with our Crew and she can only see that one unit. I am a District Member and I can see all of the units in the entire Council.

                              Crabby Bill
                              Akron

                              To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
                              From: cknie23100@...
                              Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 12:10:28 -0800

                            • mark.ellis21@comcast.net
                              Message 14 of 19 , Dec 24, 2012
                                My Troop training chair did not have the unit nor district link.

                                Mark Ellis
                                (703) 376-4150

                                Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

                                Message 15 of 19 , Dec 24, 2012
                                  Good test, shows it is working properly. Only the key 3 of the unit (CC, COR, unit leader) would have the unit link. Only registered district members have the district link.

                                  Bill

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Dec 24, 2012
                                    Thanks Mark,
                                    That is good to know..

                                    Connie

                                    --- On Mon, 12/24/12, mark.ellis21@... <mark.ellis21@...> wrote:

                                    My Troop training chair did not have the unit nor district link.

                                  • Hotmail Rod
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Dec 24, 2012
                                      I am registered as a unit commissioner. When I go into training validation
                                      I can enter a member number or name but can't enter a unit. I am a
                                      commissioner for 6 units.

                                      Rod

                                        Message 19 of 19 , Dec 24, 2012
                                          I can't get anything through the new set up.

                                          Rod