Re: [Scouter_T] Percent Trained Figure

  • mcquaidfam@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 30 , Dec 3, 2012
      Hey Connie,
      Where and from whom did you hear that?

      Thanks
      YiS,
      Marian McQuaid
      Registrar
      Boston Minuteman

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Connie Knie" <cknie23100@...>
      To: "scouter t" <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, December 3, 2012 6:19:45 PM
      Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] Percent Trained Figure

      And the word here is that the cards are no longer going to be distributed.

      Connie

      >Zach,
      >ID cards are printed in sheets of 12. And if you are a registrar like me, you have batched several units together, so you have multiple units on a sheet.
      >
      >It would be up to the registrar, who is pretty overwhelmed most days, to staple that set of directions on to the card.
      >
      >The best would be a unit leaders (who gets the cards) to hand out directions themselves.

    • Jamie Niss Dunn
      Message 2 of 30 , Dec 3, 2012
        Marian,

        The "release notes" for the new Unit Tools in MyScouting indicate that one enhancement will be that unit leaders can print membership cards. I suppose some councils may delegate that task for cost and time savings.

        Jamie Niss Dunn

        On Dec 3, 2012, at 7:12 PM, mcquaidfam@... wrote:

        > Hey Connie,
        > Where and from whom did you hear that?
        >
        > Thanks
        > YiS,
        > Marian McQuaid
        > Registrar
        > Boston Minuteman

      • Paul
        Message 3 of 30 , Dec 3, 2012

          > Marian,
          >
          > The "release notes" for the new Unit Tools in MyScouting indicate that
          one enhancement will be that unit leaders can print membership cards. I
          suppose some councils may delegate that task for cost and time savings.

          The online Internet Advancement has allowed printing of membership cards
          now for over a year. I haven't tested it to see if it's just one or
          which ones.

          Paul Y
          District Advancement & Recognition Chair
          Thunderbird District
          Inland Northwest Council
          Spokane WA
          "Once a Fox, always a Fox"
        • mcquaidfam@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 30 , Dec 3, 2012
            Let me point out that you can already print replacement cards in Internet Advancement. ;)