Re: [Scouter_T] Percent Trained Figure

    Message 1 of 30 , Dec 3, 2012
      And the word here is that the cards are no longer going to be distributed.

      Connie

      >Zach,
      >ID cards are printed in sheets of 12. And if you are a registrar like me, you have batched several units together, so you have multiple units on a sheet.
      >
      >It would be up to the registrar, who is pretty overwhelmed most days, to staple that set of directions on to the card.
      >
      >The best would be a unit leaders (who gets the cards) to hand out directions themselves.

    • Jon Baake
      Message 2 of 30 , Dec 3, 2012
        That's just what we don't need. Everyplace we turn, particularly in training
        we are asking scouters for their BSA ID# and that's where they can find it.
        Of course it is on field sheets too but most leaders never see those. I
        guess an acceptable, maybe better, alternative would be email notification
        from the registrar advising the new leader that the registration is complete
        and his/her BSA ID# is nnnnnnnnnnnn.

        Jon

        Message 3 of 30 , Dec 3, 2012
          I believe that what they are alluding to is the fact that the new Unit Tools will be the link to all vital information.

          Connie

        • mcquaidfam@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 30 , Dec 3, 2012
            Hey Connie,
            Where and from whom did you hear that?

            Thanks
            YiS,
            Marian McQuaid
            Registrar
            Boston Minuteman

            And the word here is that the cards are no longer going to be distributed.

            Connie

            >Zach,
            >ID cards are printed in sheets of 12. And if you are a registrar like me, you have batched several units together, so you have multiple units on a sheet.
            >
            >It would be up to the registrar, who is pretty overwhelmed most days, to staple that set of directions on to the card.
            >
            >The best would be a unit leaders (who gets the cards) to hand out directions themselves.

          • Jamie Niss Dunn
            Message 5 of 30 , Dec 3, 2012
              Marian,

              The "release notes" for the new Unit Tools in MyScouting indicate that one enhancement will be that unit leaders can print membership cards. I suppose some councils may delegate that task for cost and time savings.

              Jamie Niss Dunn

              On Dec 3, 2012, at 7:12 PM, mcquaidfam@... wrote:

              > Hey Connie,
              > Where and from whom did you hear that?
              >
              > Thanks
              > YiS,
              > Marian McQuaid
              > Registrar
              > Boston Minuteman

            • Paul
              Message 6 of 30 , Dec 3, 2012

                > Marian,
                >
                > The "release notes" for the new Unit Tools in MyScouting indicate that
                one enhancement will be that unit leaders can print membership cards. I
                suppose some councils may delegate that task for cost and time savings.

                The online Internet Advancement has allowed printing of membership cards
                now for over a year. I haven't tested it to see if it's just one or
                which ones.

                Paul Y
                District Advancement & Recognition Chair
                Thunderbird District
                Inland Northwest Council
                Spokane WA
                "Once a Fox, always a Fox"
              • mcquaidfam@comcast.net
                Message 7 of 30 , Dec 3, 2012
                  Let me point out that you can already print replacement cards in Internet Advancement. ;)