Re: [Scouter_T] Percent Trained Figure

  • zacheagle@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 30 , Dec 2, 2012
      Marian,

      Can you share these directions with the list? Sounds like something that could be beneficial if available to more leaders (this sounds like something you drew up and send out and not Nationally created). If that's the case, it'd be great if they learned about it and began to use it nationwide. :)

      YIS,
      Zach

      Message 2 of 30 , Dec 3, 2012
        And the word here is that the cards are no longer going to be distributed.

        Connie

        >Zach,
        >ID cards are printed in sheets of 12. And if you are a registrar like me, you have batched several units together, so you have multiple units on a sheet.
        >
        >It would be up to the registrar, who is pretty overwhelmed most days, to staple that set of directions on to the card.
        >
        >The best would be a unit leaders (who gets the cards) to hand out directions themselves.

      • Jon Baake
        Message 3 of 30 , Dec 3, 2012
          That's just what we don't need. Everyplace we turn, particularly in training
          we are asking scouters for their BSA ID# and that's where they can find it.
          Of course it is on field sheets too but most leaders never see those. I
          guess an acceptable, maybe better, alternative would be email notification
          from the registrar advising the new leader that the registration is complete
          and his/her BSA ID# is nnnnnnnnnnnn.

          Jon

          Message 4 of 30 , Dec 3, 2012
            I believe that what they are alluding to is the fact that the new Unit Tools will be the link to all vital information.

            Connie

          • mcquaidfam@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 30 , Dec 3, 2012
              Hey Connie,
              Where and from whom did you hear that?

              Thanks
              YiS,
              Marian McQuaid
              Registrar
              Boston Minuteman

              And the word here is that the cards are no longer going to be distributed.

              Connie

              >Zach,
              >ID cards are printed in sheets of 12. And if you are a registrar like me, you have batched several units together, so you have multiple units on a sheet.
              >
              >It would be up to the registrar, who is pretty overwhelmed most days, to staple that set of directions on to the card.
              >
              >The best would be a unit leaders (who gets the cards) to hand out directions themselves.

            • Jamie Niss Dunn
              Message 6 of 30 , Dec 3, 2012
                Marian,

                The "release notes" for the new Unit Tools in MyScouting indicate that one enhancement will be that unit leaders can print membership cards. I suppose some councils may delegate that task for cost and time savings.

                Jamie Niss Dunn

                On Dec 3, 2012, at 7:12 PM, mcquaidfam@... wrote:

                > Hey Connie,
                > Where and from whom did you hear that?
                >
                > Thanks
                > YiS,
                > Marian McQuaid
                > Registrar
                > Boston Minuteman

              • Paul
                Message 7 of 30 , Dec 3, 2012

                  > Marian,
                  >
                  > The "release notes" for the new Unit Tools in MyScouting indicate that
                  one enhancement will be that unit leaders can print membership cards. I
                  suppose some councils may delegate that task for cost and time savings.

                  The online Internet Advancement has allowed printing of membership cards
                  now for over a year. I haven't tested it to see if it's just one or
                  which ones.

                  Paul Y
                  District Advancement & Recognition Chair
                  Thunderbird District
                  Inland Northwest Council
                  Spokane WA
                  "Once a Fox, always a Fox"
                • mcquaidfam@comcast.net
                  Message 8 of 30 , Dec 3, 2012
                    Let me point out that you can already print replacement cards in Internet Advancement. ;)