Re: [Scouter_T] Commissioner Effectiveness Survey

  • SCOTT ELIASON
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 21, 2012
      Hank,

      Sorry, but it wants me to join and sign up. Won't do that. My take is that commissioner service gets lip service and I don't see a lot of real commissioners, as opposed to paper ones.

      Scott Eliason, Chief Seattle Council trainer

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 21, 2012
        If they are only paper commissioners, please don’t inform my guys and gals. They have recorded about 350 unit visits this year so far and been involved in multiple situations that require human assistance. Guess it depends where you are located but I can assure you that there is a lot of human contact and real support occurring out there in some places. Electronic is great and I don’t know where we would be without it but it will never replace feet on the ground.

        Dan Smith
        Chattahoochee District Commissioner, Northeast Georgia Council
        dansmith40@...
        770-540-7688

        Sorry, but it wants me to join and sign up. Won't do that. My take is that commissioner service gets lip service and I don't see a lot of real commissioners, as opposed to paper ones.

        Scott Eliason, Chief Seattle Council trainer

        I am working on my Doctorate of Commissioner Science and am investigating the effectiveness of commissioners in providing unit service, especially in light of today's technology. I prepared the survey linked below with a hope that all adults, regardless of the position in scout will be able to participate. I would appreciate you taking time to complete the survey by clicking on the link:

        https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/commissioner_survey<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/commissioner_survey>

        Thank you.

        Hank Voegtle
        Assistant District Commissioner