Re: Venturing Roundtable Comissioner Training

  • Ron Blaisdell
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 25, 2012
      A new set of RT Commissioner training is in the final stages of review with
      the National Volunteer Training Task Force.

      This was written by experienced Roundtable Commissioners under the National
      Commissioner Support Task Force.

      It should be ready in a few weeks.

      YiS,
      Ron Blaisdell

    • Rick Pushies
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 25, 2012
        Ron, "a new set" does this mean training for Cub Scout, Boy Scout and Venturers are being revised and updated? Do you know if they will all be released in electronic formats? ~Rick

        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Ron Blaisdell <ron@...> wrote:

        > A new set of RT Commissioner training is in the final stages of review with
        > the National Volunteer Training Task Force.
        >
        > This was written by experienced Roundtable Commissioners under the National
        > Commissioner Support Task Force.
        >
        > It should be ready in a few weeks.
        >
        > YiS,
        > Ron Blaisdell

      • Ryan L
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 25, 2012
          Elaine,

          A training syllabus does not exist for the Venturing Forum Commissioner.

          Ryan
          Ore-Ida Council

          --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, E Hebenthal <ehebenthal@...> wrote:

          > I can find Boy Scout Roundtable Commissioner Training and Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioners and Staff Basic Training Manual, but I can't find training for Venturing Monthly Program Forums Commissioners. Does anyone know where I could find this?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Elaine H.

        • Ron
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 26, 2012
            Rick --

            The training is a one course training that covers all the programs (Cubs, Scouts, Varsity and Venturing).

            It includes copies of the various RT guides and covers the basics of being a RT Commissioner (or staff member).

            It will not be an "online course" - but instructor led.

            The outline covers:
            - The Six "W"s of Roundtables
            - Responsibilities of the Roundtable Commissioner
            - Responsibilities of the Roundtable Staff
            - Roundtable Planning
            - Roundtable Staff Management
            - Roundtable Preopening
            - Roundtable Program Feature Presentation
            - Roundtable Displays, Ceremonies, Game, and Morale Features
            - Roundtable Promotion

            YiS,
            Ron Blaisdell

            --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Pushies" <rpushies@...> wrote:

            > Ron, "a new set" does this mean training for Cub Scout, Boy Scout and Venturers are being revised and updated? Do you know if they will all be released in electronic formats? ~Rick
            >

            > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Ron Blaisdell <ron@> wrote:
            > >
            > > A new set of RT Commissioner training is in the final stages of review with
            > > the National Volunteer Training Task Force.
            > >
            > > This was written by experienced Roundtable Commissioners under the National
            > > Commissioner Support Task Force.
            > >
            > > It should be ready in a few weeks.
            > >
            > > YiS,
            > > Ron Blaisdell

          • Rick Pushies
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 26, 2012
              Thanks Ron, very interesting information. I like the fact the training will be instructor lead. I'm finding too many of the online training programs are far too flat and well superficial in nature. Nothing like a well trained and experienced trainer leading an audience of eager trainees. It actually gives people the chance to ask questions! What a concept! (yes, sarcasm intended! ;-)) ~Rick