Venturing Roundtable Comissioner Training

  • E Hebenthal
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 24, 2012
      I can find Boy Scout Roundtable Commissioner Training and Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioners and Staff Basic Training Manual, but I can't find training for Venturing Monthly Program Forums Commissioners. Does anyone know where I could find this?

      Thanks,
      Elaine H.

    • Jamie Niss Dunn
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 24, 2012
        <<I can find Boy Scout Roundtable Commissioner Training and Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioners and Staff Basic Training Manual, but I can't find training for Venturing Monthly Program Forums Commissioners. Does anyone know where I could find this?>>

        The one I have seen is on the Commissioners page, not the Training page

        http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/Commissioners/roundtable.aspx

        Apparently it doesn't change annually as the others do?

        Jamie Niss Dunn
        Cubmaster, Pack 512
        Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
        Troop Committee, Troop 509
        Ham Lake, MN
        Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
        Three Rivers District

      • E Hebenthal
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 24, 2012
          It doesn't seem to change annually. I was wondering about that as I've looked at this resource.

          This Venturing Monthly Program Forum is a guide like the Boy Scout Roundtable Planning Guide or the Cub Scout Roundtable Planning Guide. On that same page is Boy Scout Roundtable Commissioner Training and Cub Scout Roundtable and Staff Basic Training Manual. What's NOT on that page is any kind of Venturing Commissioner training manual and I can't find it in the Venturing section of the BSA site or through Google searches. Any idea if it even exists?

          Thanks,
          Elaine H.

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 24, 2012
            I have done the same searches as you Elaine and have not found any evidence such a training syllabus exists.

            Have contacted your council, area or regional commissioners? Not sure who you would contact at the National office, but there is always Tico Perez, National Commissioner. Tico is on Facebook!

            >________________________________

          • Jamie Niss Dunn
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 24, 2012
              Sorry - I misunderstood your question. No, I haven't seen any training either. I suppose its required to earn a training award?

              Jamie Niss Dunn
              Cubmaster, Pack 512
              Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
              Troop Committee, Troop 509
              Ham Lake, MN

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 25, 2012
                A new set of RT Commissioner training is in the final stages of review with
                the National Volunteer Training Task Force.

                This was written by experienced Roundtable Commissioners under the National
                Commissioner Support Task Force.

                It should be ready in a few weeks.

                YiS,
                Ron Blaisdell

              • Rick Pushies
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 25, 2012
                  Ron, "a new set" does this mean training for Cub Scout, Boy Scout and Venturers are being revised and updated? Do you know if they will all be released in electronic formats? ~Rick

                  --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Ron Blaisdell <ron@...> wrote:

                  > A new set of RT Commissioner training is in the final stages of review with
                  > the National Volunteer Training Task Force.
                  >
                  > This was written by experienced Roundtable Commissioners under the National
                  > Commissioner Support Task Force.
                  >
                  > It should be ready in a few weeks.
                  >
                  > YiS,
                  > Ron Blaisdell

                • Ryan L
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 25, 2012
                    Elaine,

                    A training syllabus does not exist for the Venturing Forum Commissioner.

                    Ryan
                    Ore-Ida Council

                    --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, E Hebenthal <ehebenthal@...> wrote:

                    > I can find Boy Scout Roundtable Commissioner Training and Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioners and Staff Basic Training Manual, but I can't find training for Venturing Monthly Program Forums Commissioners. Does anyone know where I could find this?
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    > Elaine H.

                  • Ron
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 26, 2012
                      Rick --

                      The training is a one course training that covers all the programs (Cubs, Scouts, Varsity and Venturing).

                      It includes copies of the various RT guides and covers the basics of being a RT Commissioner (or staff member).

                      It will not be an "online course" - but instructor led.

                      The outline covers:
                      - The Six "W"s of Roundtables
                      - Responsibilities of the Roundtable Commissioner
                      - Responsibilities of the Roundtable Staff
                      - Roundtable Planning
                      - Roundtable Staff Management
                      - Roundtable Preopening
                      - Roundtable Program Feature Presentation
                      - Roundtable Displays, Ceremonies, Game, and Morale Features
                      - Roundtable Promotion

                      YiS,
                      Ron Blaisdell

                      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Pushies" <rpushies@...> wrote:

                      > Ron, "a new set" does this mean training for Cub Scout, Boy Scout and Venturers are being revised and updated? Do you know if they will all be released in electronic formats? ~Rick
                      >

                      > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Ron Blaisdell <ron@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > A new set of RT Commissioner training is in the final stages of review with
                      > > the National Volunteer Training Task Force.
                      > >
                      > > This was written by experienced Roundtable Commissioners under the National
                      > > Commissioner Support Task Force.
                      > >
                      > > It should be ready in a few weeks.
                      > >
                      > > YiS,
                      > > Ron Blaisdell

                    • Rick Pushies
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 26, 2012
                        Thanks Ron, very interesting information. I like the fact the training will be instructor lead. I'm finding too many of the online training programs are far too flat and well superficial in nature. Nothing like a well trained and experienced trainer leading an audience of eager trainees. It actually gives people the chance to ask questions! What a concept! (yes, sarcasm intended! ;-)) ~Rick