RE: [Scouter_T] Re: Effective Roundtables - BCS 108 and 109

  • thomas
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 7, 2012
      And knowing is 1/2 the battle Bill

      Tom W
      GWRC / Warren

      --- On Tue, 8/7/12, Bill Lovell <crabbybill@...> wrote:

      From: Bill Lovell <crabbybill@...>
      Subject: RE: [Scouter_T] Re: Effective Roundtables - BCS 108 and 109
      To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, August 7, 2012, 12:28 PM

      Done, thanks.   I didn't know how and now I do.

      Bill

      To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
      From: CubScoutDen@...
      Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 12:12:59 -0400

      Could you please post it in the files section?

      Lisa
      Mom to 3 boys
      Pack Trainer
      Assistant Scoutmaster
      District Vice Chair, Program
      District Training Team
      Webelos Den Leader
      and a good ole Bobwhite too!

      In a message dated 8/7/2012 10:58:52 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      JNDunnMN@... writes:

      BTW - your link didn't work :(

    • Ron
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 8, 2012
        Here are the links to the new College of Commissioner Science Courses which were approved at the last National Annual Meeting.

        BCS 108:
        https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qmpyn2s5bzy011/BCS%20108%20EFFECTIVE%20ROUNDTABLES%20I.zip

        BCS 109:
        https://www.dropbox.com/s/fo8bfhxxdt16dsh/BCS%20109%20EFFECTIVE%20ROUNDTABLES%20II.zip

        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Squanto District" <squantodistrict@...> wrote:

        > Hello all,
        >
        > I am a csrt entering my second year. My council has not had these type courses. Does anyone have a ppt or other documentation they could send me or point me to?
        >
        > Thanks
      • Rick Pushies
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 8, 2012
          Several of the documents in the zip files listed below were difficult for me to open once they were un-zipped. Ron helped me get new files that I was able to open. Thanks Ron.

          I converted all the MS Word files to PDF documents making them much smaller and easier to download. I have posted on the files on the 'Documents' page of my personal web site. If you want to download the files, please visit. http://pushies.com/documents.html

          If you have any difficulties, please let me know.

          ~Rick Pushies

          --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <ron@...> wrote:

          > Here are the links to the new College of Commissioner Science Courses which were approved at the last National Annual Meeting.
          >
          > BCS 108:
          > https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qmpyn2s5bzy011/BCS%20108%20EFFECTIVE%20ROUNDTABLES%20I.zip
          >
          > BCS 109:
          > https://www.dropbox.com/s/fo8bfhxxdt16dsh/BCS%20109%20EFFECTIVE%20ROUNDTABLES%20II.zip
          >

          > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Squanto District" <squantodistrict@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello all,
          > >
          > > I am a csrt entering my second year. My council has not had these type courses. Does anyone have a ppt or other documentation they could send me or point me to?
          > >
          > > Thanks

        • Donna F. Williams
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 8, 2012
            Thanks so much!!!!

            Donna
          • E Hebenthal
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 12, 2012
              Thanks for the help.

              I need something else about BCS 109. One of the things to be covered is ceremonies. In our Council, the only real ceremony we've had at Roundtable is the Woodbadge beading ceremony. Once or twice the Cub Scouts did an opening after the pledge, oath, promise and law. What other kinds of ceremonies do you have at Roundtable in your Councils that should be mentioned when teaching this course?

              Thanks,
              Elaine H.
            • Sandra Martens
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 12, 2012
                CS roundtables always followed a pack meeting format (It may have changed in the last couple years, after I gave it up, but I'm not sure).  We always included opening, advancement, and closing ceremonies.  They always reflected the monthly theme, whether the core value theme or the alternate theme for each month.

                Sandy OWL
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 12, 2012
                  Hi Elaine,

                  A well conducted ceremony can be a powerful experience for adults and youth. Two Scouting documents that have some great ceremony ideas are the Ceremonies for Dens and Packs, #33212 and the Troop Program Resources, #33588. You can find links to both on my web site Document page.
                  http://pushies.com/documents.html#ceremony%c2%a0

                  I hope this helps. Be good to yourself.

                  ~Rick