Re: [Scouter_T] Batteries?? Re: Lensatic Compass (was:Five Mile Hike With Map and Compass)

  • Red Dog
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 30, 2012
      Here is where I bought mine:

      http://www.gr8gear.com/catalog/Camping-Outdoor-Gear/Compasses-Commercial-GI/
      Genuine-Issue-Compass-Tritium/

      Red Dog

      On 6/29/12 10:39 PM, "ftooth" <ftooth@...> wrote:

      > Where can a Tenderfoot Scout get one of those, and how much do they cost?
      > Frank
      >

      >> ________________________________
      >> From: Ernest Schmidt <eaglewarr7@...>
      >> Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] Batteries?? Re: Lensatic Compass (was:Five Mile Hike
      >> With Map and Compass)
      >>

      >> Reddog thanks a lot i still use two of the older M-1950's we used them for
      >> our Compass class last week, I like a lot of the newer stiff but i always go
      >> back to the reliable one.
      >>
      >> ________________________________

      >>> know.At least lighted by a battery. I want to call on this one there was
      >>> stuff
      >>> now known as radioactive that lighted them. and it does not light the entire
      >>> face only the needle points.

    • Thomas Roberts
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 2, 2012
        I think that the question for the parents is - do you really wnat to buy a $59 or $89 compass for a boy who will probably lose it?

        If they lose a $10 compass, yes the parents will say something.  For $89 the volumn will go up considerably.  There is a lot of gear that the boys are less likely to lose that you can buy for the difference.

        Tom R