RE: [Scouter_T] roundtable

  • Mark Ellis
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 15, 2012
      COR training is another.

      Mark Ellis
      Leadership Training Chair
      Aquia District
      National Capital Area Council
      (703) 376-4150

      ---------------------

      From: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com [mailto:scouter_t@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of Connie Knie
      Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 3:58 PM
      To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Scouter_T] roundtable

      Merit badge counselor training, Life to Eagle training, you could do all of
      the ones that are now on line. SSD, SA, Hazardous weather.....etc......now
      we do these before roundtable actually starts. From 6:30-7:30. You could do
      Ideal Year of Scouting is another. Not only does doing it early not impact
      the short amount of time that we already have (I am the Boy Scout Commish)
      but we get folks there who may not ordinarily come but sometimes they stay.

      Connie

      --- On Fri, 6/15/12, Hotmail Rod <owlelope@...> wrote:

      I am our district roundtable chair. I am looking for ideas for Cub Scout
      and Boy Scout adult leader training that could be done at roundtable. I am
      already aware of Youth Protection. Are there others that would fit into
      Roundtable?

      Rod

    • gerrymoon32817
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 16, 2012
        All good ideas, but as a former RT commissioner, I'd caution you to not turn Roundtable into a training meeting. Roundtable is unit service in a group setting. Let your training team train but don't focus on that as your program. Do fun stuff. Take your Cub RT outside and do a sample campfire program then make s'mores.

        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Hotmail Rod <owlelope@...> wrote:

        > I am our district roundtable chair. I am looking for ideas for Cub Scout
        > and Boy Scout adult leader training that could be done at roundtable. I am
        > already aware of Youth Protection. Are there others that would fit into
        > Roundtable?
        >

        > Rod

      • E Hebenthal
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 17, 2012
          For the Cub Scout leaders, I like to cover topics such as popcorn sales, how to run a Pinewood Derby, how to plan a Blue & Gold Banquet, and what kind of service projects Cub Scouts have done in our area. We had one session where the leaders shared their favorite places to camp and we discussed what kind of place is good for Cub Scouts to camp. We hope to have a session next year where we share recipes for camping.

          Hope that helps,
          Elaine H.