roundtable

  • Hotmail Rod
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 15, 2012
      I am our district roundtable chair. I am looking for ideas for Cub Scout
      and Boy Scout adult leader training that could be done at roundtable. I am
      already aware of Youth Protection. Are there others that would fit into
      Roundtable?

      Rod

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 15, 2012
          COR training is another.

          Mark Ellis
          Leadership Training Chair
          Aquia District
          National Capital Area Council
          (703) 376-4150

          ---------------------

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 16, 2012
            All good ideas, but as a former RT commissioner, I'd caution you to not turn Roundtable into a training meeting. Roundtable is unit service in a group setting. Let your training team train but don't focus on that as your program. Do fun stuff. Take your Cub RT outside and do a sample campfire program then make s'mores.

            --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Hotmail Rod <owlelope@...> wrote:

            > I am our district roundtable chair. I am looking for ideas for Cub Scout
            > and Boy Scout adult leader training that could be done at roundtable. I am
            > already aware of Youth Protection. Are there others that would fit into
            > Roundtable?
            >

            > Rod

          • E Hebenthal
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 17, 2012
              For the Cub Scout leaders, I like to cover topics such as popcorn sales, how to run a Pinewood Derby, how to plan a Blue & Gold Banquet, and what kind of service projects Cub Scouts have done in our area. We had one session where the leaders shared their favorite places to camp and we discussed what kind of place is good for Cub Scouts to camp. We hope to have a session next year where we share recipes for camping.

              Hope that helps,
              Elaine H.