Re: Cub Scout attending events without an adult/guardian

  • B H
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 14, 2012
      This is actually inaccurate.

      Tiger Cubs cannot participate without their Adult Partner.

      That Adult Partner does not have to be a parent or legal guardian. It can be anyone over the age of 18 that the parent has approved.

      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Teresa Hall <WarEagle78@...> wrote:

      > The only members of the pack who
      > cannot participate without their own parent or legal guardian are Tiger
      > Cubs.
    • Lisa Titus
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 14, 2012
        On 06/15/2012 1:22 AM, B H wrote:
        > This is actually inaccurate.
        >
        > Tiger Cubs cannot participate without their Adult Partner.
        >
        > That Adult Partner does not have to be a parent or legal guardian. It can be anyone over the age of 18 that the parent has approved.

        But if it's NOT a parent or legal guardian, as I understand it - they
        have to fill out the complete adult application - not just the bottom of
        the youth app.

        Lisa Titus
        CM Pack 358 http://www.pack358.us
        ASM Troop 459 http://www.troop459.us
        I used to be a Bear ... NE-I-250
        I used to be a Staffer ... NE-I-272 & N1-330-12-1

      • B H
        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 15, 2012
          A separate adult application is only needed if the Adult Partner does not live at the same address as the Tiger.

          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 15, 2012
            Whoops, I wish I could edit!

            The AP (living at same address) would fill in their info in the bottom of the youth application. Under "select relationship", the AP would fill in the appropriate radio button (Grandparent - Other/specify).

            The parents signature at the bottom of the application signifies their approval of the Adult Partner.

            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 15, 2012
              So ... Mom's live-in boyfriend who lives at the same address only fills
              out the bottom portion?

              Message 6 of 17 , Jun 15, 2012
                Yep! According to BSA, and their Youth Application.