Fw: NEW Tour Plan

  • Ben Ward
    Message 1 of 45 , May 12, 2012
      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: Ben Ward <troop555eaglescout@...>
      Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2012 2:44 PM
      Subject: NEW Tour Plan

      Tour and Activity Plan Now Available

      The Tour and Activity Plan is now available for use on MyScouting.org. To access this application, click on the 'Tour and Activity Plan' link under 'Unit Tools'. Please remember that only unit leaders have access to the Tour and Activity Plan.
      An informative training video has been developed on how to use the new Tour and Activity Plan application. It can be found here. The Tour and Activity Plan FAQ page can also be viewed here. Please contact your local council with any questions or concerns.

      http://scouting.org/scoutsource/HealthandSafety/TourPlanFAQ.aspx

       What, if any, transition period is available?
      A. If you previously completed a tour plan, it is still valid. You should start using the updated tour and activity plan immediately; all other paper versions are obsolete.

      Q. Why can’t I see tour and activity plans on my MyScouting account?
      A. The most common reason for not seeing tour and activity plans in your MyScouting account is that your member ID is not attached to your MyScouting account profile. Please contact the National Service Desk for assistance at 972-580-2267. A second common reason is that your registration (position code) does not support the permission for the application. The application is not available to individuals registered only as merit badge counselors, Scout parents, or Tiger Cub adult partners. Please contact your unit leadership if you would like to update your unit position. Click here for a list of unit positions with tour and activity plan access.

      http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/Tour_Plan_Unit_Position_Access_Jan2012.pdf

      Is there a training program to show me how to complete the tour and activity plan online?
      A. Yes, please watch this interactive video if you are have questions. Watch video now. (Download video )

      Q. When do I need to complete a tour and activity plan?
      A. Times when a tour and activity plan must be submitted for council review include the following:
      * Trips of 500 miles or more; or
      * Trips outside of council borders (exception: not to your council-owned property); or
      * Trips to any national high-adventure base, national Scout jamboree, National Order of the Arrow Conference, the Summit Bechtel Reserve, or a regionally sponsored event; or
      * When conducting any of the following activities outside of council or district events:
      * Aquatics activities (swimming, boating, floating, scuba, etc.)
      * Climbing and rappelling
      * Orientation flights (process flying plan)
      * Shooting sports
      * Any activities involving motorized vehicles as part of the program (snowmobiles, boating, etc.); or
      * At a council's request (Contact your local council for additional guidelines or regulations concerning tour and activity plans; many have set guidelines for events or activities within council boundaries such as for Cub Scout overnight camping.)
      Regardless, the tour and activity plan is an excellent tool that should be included in preparation for all activities, even those not requiring it. It guides a tour leader through itineraries, travel arrangements, two-deep leadership, supervision qualifications, and transportation.

      The link below is for the new tour plan.

      http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/680-014.pdf

    • DAVID
      Message 45 of 45 , Jun 27, 2012
        Using one of the local city parks with a well established orienteering couse has worked well for us.

        Also, check with local military bases to see if they have any orienteering or land navigation courses that can be used.