Re: [Scouter_T] Scouting Urban Legends

  • Scouter Chuck
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2012
      Bill:

      I just saw this tonight. Sorry. My father passed away Sunday
      morning, and the last month has been "interesting". (He was 96,
      _not_ ill.)

      I read through it, and only have on real comment.

      The Troop I used to work with had a policy that one of the ASMs
      had to handle all the boys medications. While this may not be
      BSA policy, or not at the time, there was a valid reason for this.

      One of the boys had his meds with him to take, but the leaders
      didn't know that he took those meds. At summer camp, he took them
      the first day or 2 and then forgot. 2-3 days from the end of the
      week, he remembered that he hadn't been taking his meds, and so
      took _all_ the back doses at the same time.

      It took the infirmary several hours to figure that one out. After
      that, the permission slip required that the parents list _all_ the
      meds the Scout was taking, and what condition they were treating.

      Just my past experience.

      I "used to be" an Antelope! -- WEM-10-95
      District Committee Member at Large
      -- Stephen R. Covey