SM/ASM Training

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 5, 2012
      All,
      I'm looking for a powerpoint presentation to use during a SM/ASM training this coming Saturday, the 7th.
      I've looked in the files section and didn't see it. It's possible I missed it, but if I didn't ...
      Could some one point me in the right direction, please?
      Thanks,
      Bob Moneymaker
      Golden Empire Council
      Sacramento, CA
    • Twin Valley Training Dept.
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 5, 2012
        Hi Bob,

        The CD (now DVD) that you are looking for is located in the back cover of the Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmaster Leader Specific training manual (#34879B).

        http://www.scoutstuff.org/boy-scout-leader-specific-training-dvd.html

        The training manual and DVD should be readily available at your local scout shop, and runs about $15 for the most recent training materials, including the powerpoint presentation.

        This national syllabus was recent updated in 2010 and 2011.

        Yours In Scouting,

        Jeff Biehl
        District Training Chairman
        Twin Valley District
        San Francisco Bay Area Council

        Stay Informed by attending Roundtable!
        2nd Thursday every month @ 7:00 - 8:15pm
              6289 Madigan Road, Dublin

        Why?  Because it's FUN, FREE and only 1 hour a month !!!

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 5, 2012
          Bob:

          Do you have the training disk for the SASLST?  All of the powerpoints and videos are on that disk.

          Tom Roberts
          Hudson Valley Council

        • Jamie Niss Dunn
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 5, 2012
            <<Do you have the training disk for the SASLST? All of the powerpoints and videos are on that disk.>>

            If you don't have the disc, you can find the materials you need at the Chief Seattle Council web site. Here is the link to course materials:

            http://www.seattlebsa.org/media/resources/index.php?dir=Boy%20Scouts/Scoutmaster%20Specifics/

            The PowerPoint files are the three with the PPS file extension.

            Jamie Niss Dunn
            Pack Trainer, Pack 512
            Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
            Troop Committee, Troop 509
            Ham Lake, MN
            Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
            Three Rivers District

          • k2scouter
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 5, 2012
              I upload the files to a SMS folder.

              Keep Scouting...

              K2

              > <<Do you have the training disk for the SASLST? All of the powerpoints and videos are on that disk.>>
              >
              > If you don't have the disc, you can find the materials you need at the Chief Seattle Council web site. Here is the link to course materials:
              >
              > http://www.seattlebsa.org/media/resources/index.php?dir=Boy%20Scouts/Scoutmaster%20Specifics/
              >
              > The PowerPoint files are the three with the PPS file extension.
              >

              > Jamie Niss Dunn
              > Pack Trainer, Pack 512
              > Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
              > Troop Committee, Troop 509
              > Ham Lake, MN
              > Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
              > Three Rivers District

            • Jamie Niss Dunn
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 5, 2012
                <<I upload the files to a SMS folder.

                Keep Scouting...

                K2>>

                It looks like the files area did not accept these, probably because the files were too large.

                The files area is 94% full.

                In general, the concept of the files area is for locally created materials, or files that cannot be found elsewhere on the web. The Links section contains links to more that one site where training syllabi can be accessed. Rather than filling the files area with materials available elsewhere, please use the Links area to point members to files available on other sites.

                Thanks,
                JND
                Scouter_T moderator