Scouting Urban Legends

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 18, 2012
      I am starting to hear a lot of Scouting urban legends again so I am updating the list I have and will be sending it out soon at least to my district trainers and maybe to my general district list. Anything to input, correct?

      see:
      http://bsatroop14.com/outdoor/general/ScoutingUrbanLegends.html
    • Scouter Chuck
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 24 1:41 AM
        Bill:

        I just saw this tonight. Sorry. My father passed away Sunday
        morning, and the last month has been "interesting". (He was 96,
        _not_ ill.)

        I read through it, and only have on real comment.

        The Troop I used to work with had a policy that one of the ASMs
        had to handle all the boys medications. While this may not be
        BSA policy, or not at the time, there was a valid reason for this.

        One of the boys had his meds with him to take, but the leaders
        didn't know that he took those meds. At summer camp, he took them
        the first day or 2 and then forgot. 2-3 days from the end of the
        week, he remembered that he hadn't been taking his meds, and so
        took _all_ the back doses at the same time.

        It took the infirmary several hours to figure that one out. After
        that, the permission slip required that the parents list _all_ the
        meds the Scout was taking, and what condition they were treating.

        Just my past experience.

        I "used to be" an Antelope! -- WEM-10-95
        District Committee Member at Large
        -- Stephen R. Covey