Re: [Scouter_T] Cub Scout Prayer Song

  • SilverAnvil
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2012
      Don't know about Cub Scouts but I remembered part of a song we'd sing at
      the close of a Boy Scout campfire and found a link to the words --
      http://www.scoutsongs.com/lyrics/scoutvesper.html
      It has two verses but we only sang the first.

      I hope this helps,
      SilverAnvil
      "Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" Agatha
      Heterodyne (Girl Genius)

      On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 9:06 AM, danielgrummert
      <dangrummert@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Anyone ever heard of this or have the words? Listed in the CSRT Guide for
      > this months RT.
      > Dan

    • Jon Studer
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2012
        a quick google search turned up this:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scout_prayer#The_Cub_Scout_Prayer
        To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
        From: dangrummert@...
        Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 14:06:16 +0000
        Subject: [Scouter_T] Cub Scout Prayer Song

        Anyone ever heard of this or have the words? Listed in the CSRT Guide for this months RT.

        Dan

      • Jamie Niss Dunn
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2012
          <<Anyone ever heard of this or have the words? Listed in the CSRT Guide for this months RT.>>

          I thought the words were in the Pack Resource Sheet for April - that's usually what they do when suggesting a song or prayer, etc.

          Jamie Niss Dunn
          Pack Trainer, Pack 512
          Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
          Troop Committee, Troop 509
          Ham Lake, MN
          Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
          Three Rivers District

        • Todd Block
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 4, 2012
            Hi Dan,

            From the Cub Scout Songbook 1989 printing

            Cub Scout Prayer
            Tune: "O Tannenbaum"

            Lord, in this evening hour I pray
            For Strength to do my best each day.
            Draw near to me that I may see
            The kind of Cub Scout that I should be.

            In serving others, let me see
            That I am only serving Thee.
            Bless me, oh Lord, in Thy great love,
            That I may be a better Cub.

            Todd Block
            Unit Commissioner
            Cache La Poudre District
            Longs Peak Council

            BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzI4MDQ4NjcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY2MTYyBG1zZ0lkAzEzOTc5
            BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzEzMzA4NDk2ODU-> Cub Scout Prayer Song

            Posted by: "danielgrummert"
            <mailto:dangrummert@...?Subject=%20Re%3A%20Cub%20Scout%20Prayer%2
            0Song> dangrummert@...
            <http://profiles.yahoo.com/danielgrummert> danielgrummert

            Sat Mar 3, 2012 6:06 am (PST)

            Anyone ever heard of this or have the words? Listed in the CSRT Guide for
            this months RT.
            Dan
            Back to top

            <mailto:dangrummert@...?Subject=Re%3A%20Cub%20Scout%20Prayer%20So
            ng> Reply to sender |
            <mailto:scouter_t@yahoogroups.com?Subject=%20Re%3A%20Cub%20Scout%20Prayer%20
            Song> Reply to group |
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scouter_t/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJyOTZoc283BF9TAzk3M
            zU5NzE1BGdycElkAzI4MDQ4NjcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY2MTYyBG1zZ0lkAzEzOTc5BHNlYwNkb
            XNnBHNsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzEzMzA4NDk2ODU-?act=reply&messageNum=13979> Reply
            via web post

            BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzI4MDQ4NjcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY2MTYyBG1zZ0lkAzEzOTc5
            BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzMzA4NDk2ODUEdHBjSWQDMTM5Nzk-> Messages
            in this topic (4)