Cub Scout Prayer Song

  • danielgrummert
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2012
      Anyone ever heard of this or have the words? Listed in the CSRT Guide for this months RT.
      Dan
    • SilverAnvil
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2012
        Don't know about Cub Scouts but I remembered part of a song we'd sing at
        the close of a Boy Scout campfire and found a link to the words --
        http://www.scoutsongs.com/lyrics/scoutvesper.html
        It has two verses but we only sang the first.

        I hope this helps,
        SilverAnvil
        "Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" Agatha
        Heterodyne (Girl Genius)

        On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 9:06 AM, danielgrummert
        <dangrummert@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Anyone ever heard of this or have the words? Listed in the CSRT Guide for
        > this months RT.
        > Dan

      • Jon Studer
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2012
          a quick google search turned up this:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scout_prayer#The_Cub_Scout_Prayer
          To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
          From: dangrummert@...
          Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 14:06:16 +0000
          Subject: [Scouter_T] Cub Scout Prayer Song

          Anyone ever heard of this or have the words? Listed in the CSRT Guide for this months RT.

          Dan

        • Jamie Niss Dunn
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 3, 2012
            <<Anyone ever heard of this or have the words? Listed in the CSRT Guide for this months RT.>>

            I thought the words were in the Pack Resource Sheet for April - that's usually what they do when suggesting a song or prayer, etc.

            Jamie Niss Dunn
            Pack Trainer, Pack 512
            Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
            Troop Committee, Troop 509
            Ham Lake, MN
            Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
            Three Rivers District

          • Todd Block
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 4, 2012
              Hi Dan,

              From the Cub Scout Songbook 1989 printing

              Cub Scout Prayer
              Tune: "O Tannenbaum"

              Lord, in this evening hour I pray
              For Strength to do my best each day.
              Draw near to me that I may see
              The kind of Cub Scout that I should be.

              In serving others, let me see
              That I am only serving Thee.
              Bless me, oh Lord, in Thy great love,
              That I may be a better Cub.

              Todd Block
              Unit Commissioner
              Cache La Poudre District
              Longs Peak Council

              BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzI4MDQ4NjcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY2MTYyBG1zZ0lkAzEzOTc5
              BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzEzMzA4NDk2ODU-> Cub Scout Prayer Song

              Posted by: "danielgrummert"
              <mailto:dangrummert@...?Subject=%20Re%3A%20Cub%20Scout%20Prayer%2
              0Song> dangrummert@...
              <http://profiles.yahoo.com/danielgrummert> danielgrummert

              Sat Mar 3, 2012 6:06 am (PST)

              Anyone ever heard of this or have the words? Listed in the CSRT Guide for
              this months RT.
              Dan
              Back to top

              <mailto:dangrummert@...?Subject=Re%3A%20Cub%20Scout%20Prayer%20So
              ng> Reply to sender |
              <mailto:scouter_t@yahoogroups.com?Subject=%20Re%3A%20Cub%20Scout%20Prayer%20
              Song> Reply to group |
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scouter_t/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJyOTZoc283BF9TAzk3M
              zU5NzE1BGdycElkAzI4MDQ4NjcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY2MTYyBG1zZ0lkAzEzOTc5BHNlYwNkb
              XNnBHNsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzEzMzA4NDk2ODU-?act=reply&messageNum=13979> Reply
              via web post

              BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzI4MDQ4NjcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY2MTYyBG1zZ0lkAzEzOTc5
              BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzEzMzA4NDk2ODUEdHBjSWQDMTM5Nzk-> Messages
              in this topic (4)