Re: [Scouter_T] Wood Badge records in ScoutNet

  • mcquaidfam@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2012
      Well, hello there!

      Wearing 2 hats here, and speaking for both. I had the privilege and pleasure of being the Course Director for NE I-234, and currently serve as the Registrar for Boston Minuteman Council.

      A90 is used to indicate the completion of the actual training phase (the 6 days).
      There is another code that goes under AWARDS to indicate the awarding of the beads. When I get to work in the morning, I will find that code and post it.

      SO, it is incumbent upon the course director to notify the councils of the attendees of and requesting that A90 be put into their SN record, and that when the attendees have completed their tickets, turning in the form and asking that the AWARD be recorded.

      Now, that being said, I have a volunteer whose sole task it is to do nothing but dig thru the old records and post their WB courses. Yup, you guessed. Nothing was ever recorded. Until now. 8)

      So, ask around, ask anyone you seeing wearing beads who was in their patrol/course, was a staffer. Keep asking and collecting names and sooner or later you will have a decent listing. If you don't just dump them on your registrar in a huge lump, but in dribs and drabs, you have a better chance of getting the info posted. Enlist the Training Chair, and a professional advisor, and things might get easier. Offer to help out, bring coffee and you can make a friend.

      I know, I LOVE my volunteers.

      Yours in Scouting,
      Marian McQuaid
      NE CS-40, I used to be an owl