Re: [Scouter_T] Troopmaster

  • Charlie Hawes
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2012
      Thanks, Mark - I am the district training chair and will use ADMS to track training and produce data for JTE etc. I appreciate your input...
      YIS (yours in scouting)
      Charlie  Hawes
      Sweetwater BSA District Trainer/ADC
      (863)398-7194

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 8, 2012
        Mark Ellis wrote:

        [snip]
        > Con's:

        [snip]
        > - Troopmaster, Inc seems to place a lot more emphasis on their
        > leased PM and TM products. When I've spoken to them about
        > making corrections to obvious errors in ADMS when calculating
        > whether someone is trained, they 1) claim to not know what
        > BSA's policies are and 2) when they are acknowledged, fixes
        > are not fielded quickly or "that will take a while."
        [snip rest]

        Several years ago, Troopmaster was still a "one horse business",
        meaning that one person was doing all the programming and updates.
        I don't know if that has changed, but even if it's only 3-4 people
        doing the work, it still takes time.

        Just my take on it.

        I "used to be" an Antelope! -- WEM-10-95
        District Committee Member at Large
        -- Stephen R. Covey