RE: [Scouter_T] Looking for ceremony and possible discontinued program

  • Whiteley, John F
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 4, 2012
      I have seen a similar program, but it is done with a yardstick. Score the yardstick so that it breaks easily. You break off pieces of the yardstick as described until there is only a few inches of yardstick left. That is the time that you have to influence your boy, and the best way to do it is through Scouting.

      YiS

      John
      SM, Troop 74, Tornado, WV
      And a good ole Eagle, too (SE 458 and C4-617-11-1)

      Captain John F. Whiteley, Ed.S., AMS, CCT
      Executive Director
      Workforce Development
      Mountwest Community and Technical College
      4200 Ohio River Road
      Huntington, WV, 25702
      Office: 304-697-5616
      Fax: 304-697-5611
      Huntington Cell: 304-417-3321
      Charleston Cell: 304-437-3321
      whiteley@...<mailto:whiteley@...>
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 4, 2012
        Hello all,
        I got both the poem and the ceremony........AND a Cubmaster!!  I have seen the yardstick one as well........... thanks to all of the wonderful scouters who came to my rescue........

        Connie

        --- On Sat, 2/4/12, Whiteley, John F <whiteley@...> wrote:

        I have seen a similar program, but it is done with a yardstick. Score the yardstick so that it breaks easily. You break off pieces of the yardstick as described until there is only a few inches of yardstick left. That is the time that you have to influence your boy, and the best way to do it is through Scouting.

      • The Little's
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 5, 2012
        • Jon Baake
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 7, 2012
            One more story that can be told to reluctant parents.

            We all know of the problem high school and college sports coaches have -
            always rebuilding their team as their star players move up and then
            graduate. We have that problem too as our Webelos move on to become Boy
            Scouts. But we have it worse. Not only do our star player cub scouts move on
            each year - our coaches do to. For our team, our pack, to succeed we
            continually need to be recruiting new coaches just as we need to be
            recruiting new players. You folks are the future coaches of our team, or
            said differently, the leaders of our pack. We need your help in each of
            these areas..

            Jon Baake

            NCAC