Re: [Scouter_T] Introduction to Outdoor Leadership PowerPoint

  • Charlie Hawes
    Message 1 of 28 , Feb 2, 2012
      In today's world - teaching skills has advanced so the use of audio visual equipment can be an great tool.  Using a projector and a PPT presentation allows for all participants to get the same message without a lot of fuss.  ITOLS can be taught part indoors and part outdoors without losing anything... try it you might like it.. we use 2 indoor sessions (2hrs each) and a weekend of camping.  It's nice to see the skill and then have hands on at the camp out - it really helps them retain more and thus give more back to their programs.

      YIS (yours in scouting)
      Charlie  Hawes
      Sweetwater BSA District Trainer/ADC
      (863)398-7194
    • gerrymoon32817
      Message 2 of 28 , Feb 3, 2012
        Page 12 in the one I'm looking at. "Each eight participants WILL form a patrol for the day or weekend course. That kinda sounds like a "mandate" to me.

        Message 3 of 28 , Feb 18, 2012
          A “patrol buddy pairs” is not a Patrol. It is the buddy system.