new training for units' chartered by the LDS church

  • WEBELOS
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2012
      I usually just lurk and learn, but I am in need of some information/help.

      According to the Training Times Winter 2012 -- http://scouting.org/Training/TrainingUpdates.aspx

      “We know that many new leaders are reluctant to ask when they hear a term they do not understand or the training does not relate to them, so they begin to “tune out.” If we teach in terms or - in cases where there is a significant culture, faith group, or population that uses Scouting to serve their youth - concepts at the beginning of the training that they are familiar with, we can help them get off to a better start and they will soon “speak Scouting.”

      In an effort to help with those challenges, the volunteer training team is working on designing training for new leaders in the “language” of the new leader. As part of this effort we are also working on courses that can help councils with a significant population of leaders in one of the above categories. These “small group method” leader-specific courses will all have the same objectives and basic content as other courses, but can be used when needed to help folks get started on the Scouting Trail in way that they can connect to a little better.

      The first version of the training will be released this month and will be den leader training for leaders in units chartered to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Spanish versions will follow soon, and we are working on more that councils can use when the need arises.”

      I understand that the Spanish version is out. So, I am looking for for this special training for the units chartered to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints....can anyone help?

      Thanks,
      Michelle E.