Re: Trainers Edge

  • Ann Meyer
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 1, 2012
      TDC was replaced by Trainer’s EDGE. After polling a group of trainer’s at Trainer’s EDGE last year we decided to put on a paired down version of TDC and made it a requirement to EDGE in our Council. For someone who is just starting to train to put them in front of people before they have been taught the tools to successfully put on a presentation is unfair. We, also, wrote a letter to National encouraging them to reconsider TDC. The response we received from Mark Griffin was that they would get this on their agenda in the Spring, probably May (or the basic gist of what he wrote back to us).

      I’d certainly love to have more on the statement that National is working to combine the two courses.

      YiS,

      Ann Meyer
      VP – Volunteer Support and Training Services
      Occoneechee Council
      Raleigh, NC

    • fred-scouts@skrotzki.net
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 3, 2012
        TDC is still referenced for Pack Trainer. See
        http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/13-083.pdf

        _____

        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 3, 2012
          But Trainers Edge may be used instead.

          From: <fred-scouts@...>
          Sender: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 07:32:19
          To: <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com>

          TDC is still referenced for Pack Trainer. See
          http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/13-083.pdf

          _____

          Sandy, I would love to see your reference for this. Thanks!

          Teresa

          On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Sandra Martens <sandyowl1@...
          <mailto:sandyowl1%40yahoo.com> > wrote:

          > TDC and EDGE are two different courses. (National is working on combining
          > the two but as far as I know it's not done yet)
          >
          > TDC is for Cub Scout trainers. EDGE is for Woodbadge, BS trainers, and
          > NYLT. Not sure where den chief trainers fit in- probably EDGE.
          >
          > Sandy OWL
          >
          > --- On Tue, 1/31/12, o32sks <o32sharon@...
          <mailto:o32sharon%40yahoo.com> > wrote:

          > From: o32sks <o32sharon@... <mailto:o32sharon%40yahoo.com> >
          > Subject: [Scouter_T] Re: Trainers Edge
          > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com <mailto:scouter_t%40yahoogroups.com>
          > Date: Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 5:18 PM

          > Gary,
          >

          > Here in the Mid-Iowa Council, we require anyone who wants to be a trainer,
          > to attend our Trainer Development Conference (Trainers Edge) before they
          > are allowed to train any session. I am not sure what National's position
          is
          > on this, but we feel that folks need instruction before they should train,
          > they do a better job that way.
          >

          > Sharon
          >
          > CTC MIC
          >

          > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com <mailto:scouter_t%40yahoogroups.com> ,
          "simguy77" <simguy@...> wrote:

          > > I would like some clarification as to who is required to take the
          > Trainer's Edge training. The book and BSA discription read as if
          > participating on staff for Wood Badge and NYLT are the only ones required
          > to take this training before you can be on the staff for these two courses
          > is this correct or is it for other training positions as well.
          >

          > > Yours in Scouting
          >
          > > Gary

        • A. Dukovic
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 3, 2012
            The reference you have is from 2006 ... use Trainer's Edge please??

            - Art