Re: Boards of Review

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 32 , Jan 10, 2012
      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "averagejoe0269" <averagejoe0269@...>
      wrote:

      > Ohh how correct you are. As the boy should never make it that far.
      Such as for the Star Rank you have to have leadership and if you are not
      fulfilling that requirement then you would never make it to the
      Scoutmaster Conference or the Board. So as long as the leaders or
      people signing off in the boys book are all on the same page it shouldnt
      be an issue. Where it gets hairy is when a boy or a parent says I or he
      has done this and pressures someone into signing a book when the
      requirement has not been met. But even that is not a boy issue as
      someone signed it.

      It is very easy to tell if a Scout has completed the requirement without
      actually retesting him.
      Ask the Scout what he learned by doing such-and such requirement. That
      should tell you whether he has completed the requirement or not. Most
      Scouts will remember something about the requirement. However, if the
      adult asking the question has no clue, then there could be a problem.

      Paul Y
      District Advancement & Recognition Chair
      Thunderbird District
      Inland Northwest Council
      Spokane WA
      "Once a Fox, always a Fox"
    • David Wildschuetz
      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 13, 2012
        Most laws I'm aware of deal with the sale of tobacco products to minors, not the
        possession of.  The onus is on the vendor.  .
         David Wildschuetz
        Scoutmaster, Troop 310
        http://bstroop1310.scoutlander.com