Re: [Scouter_T] Need a good church and scouting phrase to go troops's tshirt

  • Rick Pushies
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 6, 2012
      Robert, have your son check out this web page. He might find some ideas he can use in his project to promote Scouting in his church. ~Rick

      http://pushies.com/duty_to_God.html%c2%a0

      >________________________________

    • Chad Cooper
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 6, 2012
        So then, "Be Prepared for Jesus" doesn't quite fit the need? Nor would
        "The kingdom of God is closer when you're climbing a mountain." Hmm...
        Given a little more thought, maybe I could come up with some apocalyptic
        references from Revelations ;-)

        Maybe "God isn't only in Churches, go Scouting!" or "God can be found
        in tents too." or "Use a good compass in your search for Jesus - see
        Scouting"

        - Chad

        On 1/6/12 2:23 PM, Mark Liechty wrote:

        > Guys guys guys....... lets remember that these are shirts we WANT the
        > boys to be proud to wear and as such they need to have some level of
        > FUN associated with them.
        >
        > Certainly we can do better than the stuff ADULTS put on patches that
        > go to dresser drawers. Lets get out of the box here and burn some
        > brain cells .....
        >
        > "God does not make junk. Top Raman and Snickers for Breakfast"
        >
        > On Jan 6, 2012, at 11:58 AM, Bill Nelson wrote:
        >
        > > Duty to God and Country

      • Linda Case
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 6, 2012
          ________________________________
          Guys guys guys....... lets remember that these are shirts we WANT the boys to be
          proud to wear and as such they need to have some level of FUN associated with
          them.

          Certainly we can do better than the stuff ADULTS put on patches that go to
          dresser drawers. Lets get out of the box here and burn some brain cells .....

          "God does not make junk. Top Raman and Snickers for Breakfast"

          On Jan 6, 2012, at 11:58 AM, Bill Nelson wrote:

          > Duty to God and Country

        • Kevin Pate
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 6, 2012
            In the stars His handiwork I see
                 BSA Troop 123

            Walk the Talk!
                BSA Troop 123

          • E Hebenthal
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 7, 2012
              I heard a challenge on the radio a couple years ago to sum up your life in 6 words. I came up with "Serving God and Others Through Scouting."

              Hope this helps,
              Elaine H.

              On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Robert <rdcrisco@...> wrote:

              > My son is pushing to promote scouting in his church, so he is looking for
              > a good scouting phrase that is church related to put on his troops t-shirt.
              >
              > Any Suggestions?

            • Daniel
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 9, 2012
                If the church is a Christian Church, here's a lesser known quote of the founder that might look good on a T-shirt. ;-)

                In the pamphlet "Scouting & Christianity" 1917, Baden-Powell wrote:

                "Scouting is nothing less than applied Christianity."

                Daniel D. Moore
                C-15-07
                'You can be a fox, or you can be food.' :-D
                ♫ ♫ ♪ ♪ Antelope, Bear, Buffalo too; all taste great when in a stew! Eagle, beaver, owl, bobwhite; Foxes will eat well tonight. ♪ ♪ ♫ ♫