Re: [Scouter_T] Need a good church and scouting phrase to go troops's tshirt

  • Joe Martinez
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 6, 2012
      We put "Scouting with the Spirit"
    • Corb Sarchet
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 6, 2012
        We proactive in what We Believe

        Corb

        Corb Sarchet

        Ye olde Scout

        Chartered Organization Representative

        Pack,Troop and Crew 48, Park Lake Presbyterian Church

        Orlando, FL

        corbms3@...

        407-222-8644

        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 6, 2012
          My son saw this and fully agree with you, but lets not scare the parents. :)

          BTW, my troops does not allow Raman or hotdogs to campouts because they has no true nutional value.. lol

          --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Mark Liechty <mlaccs@...> wrote:

          > Guys guys guys....... lets remember that these are shirts we WANT the boys to be proud to wear and as such they need to have some level of FUN associated with them.
          >
          > Certainly we can do better than the stuff ADULTS put on patches that go to dresser drawers. Lets get out of the box here and burn some brain cells .....
          >
          > "God does not make junk. Top Raman and Snickers for Breakfast"
          >

          > On Jan 6, 2012, at 11:58 AM, Bill Nelson wrote:
          >
          > > Duty to God and Country

        • Mark Liechty
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 6, 2012
            1. I like your son.

            2. We spend a huge amount of time talking about membership and recruiting. if the idea on the shirt fits the Scouting and Church goals and is FUN then the boys will wear them on non-scouting activities. What better recruiting can we get.

            3. I know my ideas are not the best but need to get the group moving off the boring dogma that appeals to us old fat people who get dressed up as central American Generals in our free time. <grin>

            On Jan 6, 2012, at 12:46 PM, Robert wrote:

            > My son saw this and fully agree with you, but lets not scare the parents. :)
            >
            > BTW, my troops does not allow Raman or hotdogs to campouts because they has no true nutional value.. lol
            >

            > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Mark Liechty <mlaccs@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Guys guys guys....... lets remember that these are shirts we WANT the boys to be proud to wear and as such they need to have some level of FUN associated with them.
            >>
            >> Certainly we can do better than the stuff ADULTS put on patches that go to dresser drawers. Lets get out of the box here and burn some brain cells .....
            >>
            >> "God does not make junk. Top Raman and Snickers for Breakfast"
            >>

            >> On Jan 6, 2012, at 11:58 AM, Bill Nelson wrote:
            >>
            >>> Duty to God and Country

          • Rick Pushies
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 6, 2012
              Robert, have your son check out this web page. He might find some ideas he can use in his project to promote Scouting in his church. ~Rick

              http://pushies.com/duty_to_God.html%c2%a0

              >________________________________

            • Chad Cooper
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 6, 2012
                So then, "Be Prepared for Jesus" doesn't quite fit the need? Nor would
                "The kingdom of God is closer when you're climbing a mountain." Hmm...
                Given a little more thought, maybe I could come up with some apocalyptic
                references from Revelations ;-)

                Maybe "God isn't only in Churches, go Scouting!" or "God can be found
                in tents too." or "Use a good compass in your search for Jesus - see
                Scouting"

                - Chad

                On 1/6/12 2:23 PM, Mark Liechty wrote:

                > Guys guys guys....... lets remember that these are shirts we WANT the
                > boys to be proud to wear and as such they need to have some level of
                > FUN associated with them.
                >
                > Certainly we can do better than the stuff ADULTS put on patches that
                > go to dresser drawers. Lets get out of the box here and burn some
                > brain cells .....
                >
                > "God does not make junk. Top Raman and Snickers for Breakfast"
                >
                > On Jan 6, 2012, at 11:58 AM, Bill Nelson wrote:
                >
                > > Duty to God and Country

              • Linda Case
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 6, 2012
                  ________________________________
                  Guys guys guys....... lets remember that these are shirts we WANT the boys to be
                  proud to wear and as such they need to have some level of FUN associated with
                  them.

                  Certainly we can do better than the stuff ADULTS put on patches that go to
                  dresser drawers. Lets get out of the box here and burn some brain cells .....

                  "God does not make junk. Top Raman and Snickers for Breakfast"

                  On Jan 6, 2012, at 11:58 AM, Bill Nelson wrote:

                  > Duty to God and Country

                • Kevin Pate
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 6, 2012
                    In the stars His handiwork I see
                         BSA Troop 123

                    Walk the Talk!
                        BSA Troop 123

                  • E Hebenthal
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 7, 2012
                      I heard a challenge on the radio a couple years ago to sum up your life in 6 words. I came up with "Serving God and Others Through Scouting."

                      Hope this helps,
                      Elaine H.

                      On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Robert <rdcrisco@...> wrote:

                      > My son is pushing to promote scouting in his church, so he is looking for
                      > a good scouting phrase that is church related to put on his troops t-shirt.
                      >
                      > Any Suggestions?

                    • Daniel
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 9, 2012
                        If the church is a Christian Church, here's a lesser known quote of the founder that might look good on a T-shirt. ;-)

                        In the pamphlet "Scouting & Christianity" 1917, Baden-Powell wrote:

                        "Scouting is nothing less than applied Christianity."

                        Daniel D. Moore
                        C-15-07
                        'You can be a fox, or you can be food.' :-D
                        ♫ ♫ ♪ ♪ Antelope, Bear, Buffalo too; all taste great when in a stew! Eagle, beaver, owl, bobwhite; Foxes will eat well tonight. ♪ ♪ ♫ ♫