Re: [Scouter_T] Need a good church and scouting phrase to go troops's tshirt

  • Teresa Hall
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 6, 2012
      A Scout is Reverent?

      Teresa

      On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Robert <rdcrisco@...> wrote:

      > My son is pushing to promote scouting in his church, so he is looking for
      > a good scouting phrase that is church related to put on his troops t-shirt.
      >
      > Any Suggestions?

    • Joe Martinez
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 6, 2012
        We put "Scouting with the Spirit"
        Sent on the Sprint� Now Network from my BlackBerry�

        > My son is pushing to promote scouting in his church, so he is looking for
        > a good scouting phrase that is church related to put on his troops t-shirt.
        >
        > Any Suggestions?

      • Mark Liechty
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 6, 2012
          > On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Robert <rdcrisco@...> wrote:
          >
          >> My son is pushing to promote scouting in his church, so he is looking for
          >> a good scouting phrase that is church related to put on his troops t-shirt.
          >> ######

          Hike 40 days in the desert? Bring plenty of water!!!
        • Bill Nelson
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 6, 2012
            Duty to God and Country

            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 6, 2012
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 6, 2012
                Guys guys guys....... lets remember that these are shirts we WANT the boys to be proud to wear and as such they need to have some level of FUN associated with them.

                Certainly we can do better than the stuff ADULTS put on patches that go to dresser drawers. Lets get out of the box here and burn some brain cells .....

                "God does not make junk. Top Raman and Snickers for Breakfast"

                On Jan 6, 2012, at 11:58 AM, Bill Nelson wrote:

                > Duty to God and Country

              • Corb Sarchet
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 6, 2012
                  We proactive in what We Believe

                  Corb

                  Corb Sarchet

                  Ye olde Scout

                  Chartered Organization Representative

                  Pack,Troop and Crew 48, Park Lake Presbyterian Church

                  Orlando, FL

                  corbms3@...

                  407-222-8644

                  <mailto:rdcrisco%40hotmail.com> > wrote:

                  > My son is pushing to promote scouting in his church, so he is looking for
                  > a good scouting phrase that is church related to put on his troops
                  t-shirt.

                  > Any Suggestions?

                • Robert
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 6, 2012
                    My son saw this and fully agree with you, but lets not scare the parents. :)

                    BTW, my troops does not allow Raman or hotdogs to campouts because they has no true nutional value.. lol

                    --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Mark Liechty <mlaccs@...> wrote:

                    > Guys guys guys....... lets remember that these are shirts we WANT the boys to be proud to wear and as such they need to have some level of FUN associated with them.
                    >
                    > Certainly we can do better than the stuff ADULTS put on patches that go to dresser drawers. Lets get out of the box here and burn some brain cells .....
                    >
                    > "God does not make junk. Top Raman and Snickers for Breakfast"
                    >

                    > On Jan 6, 2012, at 11:58 AM, Bill Nelson wrote:
                    >
                    > > Duty to God and Country

                  • Mark Liechty
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 6, 2012
                      1. I like your son.

                      2. We spend a huge amount of time talking about membership and recruiting. if the idea on the shirt fits the Scouting and Church goals and is FUN then the boys will wear them on non-scouting activities. What better recruiting can we get.

                      3. I know my ideas are not the best but need to get the group moving off the boring dogma that appeals to us old fat people who get dressed up as central American Generals in our free time. <grin>

                      On Jan 6, 2012, at 12:46 PM, Robert wrote:

                      > My son saw this and fully agree with you, but lets not scare the parents. :)
                      >
                      > BTW, my troops does not allow Raman or hotdogs to campouts because they has no true nutional value.. lol
                      >

                      > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Mark Liechty <mlaccs@...> wrote:
                      >>
                      >> Guys guys guys....... lets remember that these are shirts we WANT the boys to be proud to wear and as such they need to have some level of FUN associated with them.
                      >>
                      >> Certainly we can do better than the stuff ADULTS put on patches that go to dresser drawers. Lets get out of the box here and burn some brain cells .....
                      >>
                      >> "God does not make junk. Top Raman and Snickers for Breakfast"
                      >>

                      >> On Jan 6, 2012, at 11:58 AM, Bill Nelson wrote:
                      >>
                      >>> Duty to God and Country

                    • Rick Pushies
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 6, 2012
                        Robert, have your son check out this web page. He might find some ideas he can use in his project to promote Scouting in his church. ~Rick

                        http://pushies.com/duty_to_God.html%c2%a0

                        >________________________________

                      • Chad Cooper
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 6, 2012
                          So then, "Be Prepared for Jesus" doesn't quite fit the need? Nor would
                          "The kingdom of God is closer when you're climbing a mountain." Hmm...
                          Given a little more thought, maybe I could come up with some apocalyptic
                          references from Revelations ;-)

                          Maybe "God isn't only in Churches, go Scouting!" or "God can be found
                          in tents too." or "Use a good compass in your search for Jesus - see
                          Scouting"

                          - Chad

                          On 1/6/12 2:23 PM, Mark Liechty wrote:

                          > Guys guys guys....... lets remember that these are shirts we WANT the
                          > boys to be proud to wear and as such they need to have some level of
                          > FUN associated with them.
                          >
                          > Certainly we can do better than the stuff ADULTS put on patches that
                          > go to dresser drawers. Lets get out of the box here and burn some
                          > brain cells .....
                          >
                          > "God does not make junk. Top Raman and Snickers for Breakfast"
                          >
                          > On Jan 6, 2012, at 11:58 AM, Bill Nelson wrote:
                          >
                          > > Duty to God and Country

                        • Linda Case
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jan 6, 2012
                            ________________________________
                            Guys guys guys....... lets remember that these are shirts we WANT the boys to be
                            proud to wear and as such they need to have some level of FUN associated with
                            them.

                            Certainly we can do better than the stuff ADULTS put on patches that go to
                            dresser drawers. Lets get out of the box here and burn some brain cells .....

                            "God does not make junk. Top Raman and Snickers for Breakfast"

                            On Jan 6, 2012, at 11:58 AM, Bill Nelson wrote:

                            > Duty to God and Country

                          • Kevin Pate
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jan 6, 2012
                              In the stars His handiwork I see
                                   BSA Troop 123

                              Walk the Talk!
                                  BSA Troop 123

                            • E Hebenthal
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jan 7, 2012
                                I heard a challenge on the radio a couple years ago to sum up your life in 6 words. I came up with "Serving God and Others Through Scouting."

                                Hope this helps,
                                Elaine H.

                                On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Robert <rdcrisco@...> wrote:

                                > My son is pushing to promote scouting in his church, so he is looking for
                                > a good scouting phrase that is church related to put on his troops t-shirt.
                                >
                                > Any Suggestions?

                              • Daniel
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jan 9, 2012
                                  If the church is a Christian Church, here's a lesser known quote of the founder that might look good on a T-shirt. ;-)

                                  In the pamphlet "Scouting & Christianity" 1917, Baden-Powell wrote:

                                  "Scouting is nothing less than applied Christianity."

                                  Daniel D. Moore
                                  C-15-07
                                  'You can be a fox, or you can be food.' :-D
                                  ♫ ♫ ♪ ♪ Antelope, Bear, Buffalo too; all taste great when in a stew! Eagle, beaver, owl, bobwhite; Foxes will eat well tonight. ♪ ♪ ♫ ♫