Re: Looking for outline of new Advancement changes from 2011-2012

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
      -- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Debi" <Deborah-Slager@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone have or can you point me to an outline of the new
      advancement changes since Jan. 2011. Anything new for 2012?

      As far as I know, currently no changes have been announced for 2012;
      little early for that.

      If you want to see the changes, check out this UNOFFICIAL web site:

      http://usscouts.org/advance/changes/advchanges.asp

      While it's not an official web site/page, they are generally "right on"
      when it comes to advancement.

      Paul Y
      District Advancement & Recognition Chair
      Thunderbird District
      Inland Northwest Council
      Spokane WA
      "Once a Fox, always a Fox"
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 7, 2012
        USSCOUTS is an excellent web site and resource, use it often, and it is kept up to date well. However, to be sure you are alwasy looking at the latest requirements, I would recommend going to BSA's official site at
        http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/BoyScouts/AdvancementandAwards.aspx
        I have not seen any "2012 changes" yet, but if there are any they will be posted here.
        Bill Nelson
        CC Crew 1115
        MC Troop and Ship 1115
        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <paulp575@...> wrote:
        If you want to see the changes, check out this UNOFFICIAL web site:
        http://usscouts.org/advance/changes/advchanges.asp
        While it's not an official web site/page, they are generally "right on" when it comes to advancement.
        Paul Y
        -----which was in response to ----
        Posted by: "Debi" Deborah-Slager@... fireraven61064
        Fri Jan 6, 2012 11:06 am (PST)
        Does anyone have or can you point me to an outline of the new advancement changes since Jan. 2011. Anything new for 2012?
        Debi
      • G.J.
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 2012
          The new Guide to Advancement is found here.

          http://scouting.org/filestore/pdf/33088.pdf

          There have been changes with advancement policies.