Looking for outline of new Advancement changes from 2011-2012

  • Debi
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
      Does anyone have or can you point me to an outline of the new advancement changes since Jan. 2011. Anything new for 2012?
      Debi
    • Paul
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
        -- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Debi" <Deborah-Slager@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone have or can you point me to an outline of the new
        advancement changes since Jan. 2011. Anything new for 2012?

        As far as I know, currently no changes have been announced for 2012;
        little early for that.

        If you want to see the changes, check out this UNOFFICIAL web site:

        http://usscouts.org/advance/changes/advchanges.asp

        While it's not an official web site/page, they are generally "right on"
        when it comes to advancement.

        Paul Y
        District Advancement & Recognition Chair
        Thunderbird District
        Inland Northwest Council
        Spokane WA
        "Once a Fox, always a Fox"
      • Bill
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 2012
          USSCOUTS is an excellent web site and resource, use it often, and it is kept up to date well. However, to be sure you are alwasy looking at the latest requirements, I would recommend going to BSA's official site at
          http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/BoyScouts/AdvancementandAwards.aspx
          I have not seen any "2012 changes" yet, but if there are any they will be posted here.
          Bill Nelson
          CC Crew 1115
          MC Troop and Ship 1115
          --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <paulp575@...> wrote:
          If you want to see the changes, check out this UNOFFICIAL web site:
          http://usscouts.org/advance/changes/advchanges.asp
          While it's not an official web site/page, they are generally "right on" when it comes to advancement.
          Paul Y
          -----which was in response to ----
          Posted by: "Debi" Deborah-Slager@... fireraven61064
          Fri Jan 6, 2012 11:06 am (PST)
          Does anyone have or can you point me to an outline of the new advancement changes since Jan. 2011. Anything new for 2012?
          Debi
        • G.J.
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 7, 2012
            The new Guide to Advancement is found here.

            http://scouting.org/filestore/pdf/33088.pdf

            There have been changes with advancement policies.