Recruiting postcards

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 19, 2011
      Ok I am totally frustrated. Just at the end of last week I was looking around for postcards to use as recruiting tools and I googled "invitations to join a boy scout troop" and after some hunting around found these nice cards that have a picture of the african american scout shooting an arrow.
      NOW all I can find is this "Blaze your own trail" badge......... I mean it is not bad but I really liked the artwork on the other one. My husband says it may be that they took it down.

      Can anyone help find this or just point me in the right direction?

      Connie

    • Rick Pushies
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 19, 2011
        Connie, is this the kind of postcard you are looking for?

        http://www.scouting.org/sitecore/content/Home/Marketing/Recruiting/Boy_English.aspx#postcard

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 19, 2011
          Hi Rick,
          Those are the ones that it looks as if I am going to have to use. The one I saw last week was I believe at the same link and it is just my crappy luck that it is gone.......

          I can't say that I like this approach. And I definitely don't like the one for Ventures. I mean what the heck is "This is my social network" badge??

          Connie

          --- On Mon, 12/19/11, Rick Pushies <rpushies@...> wrote:

          Connie, is this the kind of postcard you are looking for?

          http://www.scouting.org/sitecore/content/Home/Marketing/Recruiting/Boy_English.aspx#postcard

        • Corinna Jones
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 19, 2011
            Connie,
            Did you check the scout shop? They have nice ones sometimes.
            I will be going to Detroit tomorrow or Wednesday morning and can check. They
            are not necessarily cheap, but high-quality color printing services can add
            up.
            Corinna

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 20, 2011
              Hi Corinna,
              Thanks for the offer. We can print them cheaper here. They won't be professional but it will work ok and I have at least 50 or 60 to send.

              You know what you could get though? Could you pick me up the lastest (believe it is 2011) copy of the Merit Badge book? You know the one that has all of the MBs in it??

              Thanks

              Connie

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 20, 2011
                The requirement book - sure. Do you want to wait a little while for the 2012
                though? It shouldn't take long.
                If you're expecting a FEDEX package I can send it with Steffen (he's gonna
                kill me - just got off with 180 stops ...LOL).

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 20, 2011
                  Oh jeez,
                  I just ordered something from Amazon......LOL

                  Anyway, it probably would be best to wait. When do you think it will come out?

                  Connie

                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 20, 2011
                    LOL...He is counting down the days until he leaves for basic training on
                    Easter Monday.

                    I believe it's a couple of weeks into the new year for the requirement
                    books. They are also available in wire-bound like the handbooks.

                    Corinna

                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 20, 2011
                      Ok thanks. I don't know why it didn't occur to me to wait for a new one.........

                      Merry Christmas and I will keep him in my prayers.

                      Connie