Re: Adult Award Changes

  • eichorsmith
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 18 6:35 AM
      Dan,

      The place I saw it was:

      http://scouting.org/training/trainingupdates.aspx

      Look for Awards and Knots down the page. They say details in early 2012

      Merry Christmas,
      Leigh

      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "danielgrummert" <dangrummert@...> wrote:

      > I believe I saw somewhere that shortly we will have less Cub Leader awards and more devices on existing awards to cover these awards. Was I dreaming? I can find no more info on this.
      > Merry Christmas
      > Dan
      > District Commissioner

    • Jamie Niss Dunn
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 18 6:36 AM
        <<I believe I saw somewhere that shortly we will have less Cub Leader awards and more devices on existing awards to cover these awards. Was I dreaming? I can find no more info on this.>>

        "Awards and Knots
        The national council’s awards committee recently conducted a review of the hundreds of awards presented to Scouts and adults in the BSA. Many recommendations were made to simplify and update procedures, and the awards themselves.
        Among the recommendations was the update of some awards and/or the knots that represent them on the uniform. These include the training awards and the Cub Scouting awards.
        For example, to give the award the same recognition as the other top unit leader awards, the Cubmaster Award will become the Cubmaster’s Key and use the Scouter’s Key knot. The Cub Scouter and Pack Trainer Awards will use the Scouter’s Training Award knot. The Tiger Cub, Cub Scout, and Webelos Den Leader’s Awards will use the Den Leader’s Award knot. Devices to be worn on the knots will be available to indicate which awards, and for which program awards were earned.
        Scouters who have earned the awards will still be able to wear the old knots as long as they are available.
        The training team is currently reviewing and updating the requirements for the awards. So watch here for news, but we expect the details in early 2012."

        http://www.scouting.org/training/trainingupdates.aspx

        Jamie Niss Dunn
        Pack Trainer, Pack 512
        Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
        Troop Committee, Troop 509
        Ham Lake, MN
        Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
        Three Rivers District

      • Ty Roshdy
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 18 11:04 AM
          I also heard this information at our Area meeting. I am sure we will be getting
          more information shortly.

          Yours in Scouting,

          Ty

          Ty Roshdy
          Council Leadership Training Committee Chair
          Golden Empire Council, BSA
          "A Vision of Excellence"