Knots discontinued

  • Jay
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2011
      from the new training times:

      The national council's awards committee recently conducted a review of the hundreds of awards presented to Scouts and adults in the BSA. Many recommendations were made to simplify and update procedures, and the awards themselves.
      Among the recommendations was the update of some awards and/or the knots that represent them on the uniform. These include the training awards and the Cub Scouting awards.
      For example, to give the award the same recognition as the other top unit leader awards, the Cubmaster Award will become the Cubmaster's Key and use the Scouter's Key knot. The Cub Scouter and Pack Trainer Awards will use the Scouter's Training Award knot. The Tiger Cub, Cub Scout, and Webelos Den Leader's Awards will use the Den Leader's Award knot. Devices to be worn on the knots will be available to indicate which awards, and for which program awards were earned.
      Scouters who have earned the awards will still be able to wear the old knots as long as they are available.
    • danielgrummert
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5, 2011
        Do you have a link for this?
        dan

        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Jay" <bsafox@...> wrote:

        > from the new training times:
        >
        > The national council's awards committee recently conducted a review of the hundreds of awards presented to Scouts and adults in the BSA. Many recommendations were made to simplify and update procedures, and the awards themselves.
        > Among the recommendations was the update of some awards and/or the knots that represent them on the uniform. These include the training awards and the Cub Scouting awards.
        > For example, to give the award the same recognition as the other top unit leader awards, the Cubmaster Award will become the Cubmaster's Key and use the Scouter's Key knot. The Cub Scouter and Pack Trainer Awards will use the Scouter's Training Award knot. The Tiger Cub, Cub Scout, and Webelos Den Leader's Awards will use the Den Leader's Award knot. Devices to be worn on the knots will be available to indicate which awards, and for which program awards were earned.
        > Scouters who have earned the awards will still be able to wear the old knots as long as they are available.

      • Rick Pushies
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 5, 2011
          Daniel,

          You will find information on the knots published in the new BSA Training Times. It  has been posted at:.

          http://scouting.org/training/trainingupdates.aspx

          ~Rick

        • Mark Maranto
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 5, 2011
            I could not care one way or the other but they just made Pack Trainer award back in September of 2008!
            This just shows that National is just clueless when it come to awards.  Look at the Honor Unit award.
            No, I mean look at the Quality unit award.  No wait I mean the Centennial Quality unit award.
            NO it's now the Journey to Excellence Award!  In my opinion it's the same award so stop changing the darn thing. : )

            Mark Maranto