Re: "Journey to Excellence" University of Scouting on November 5, 2011

  • Daniel
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 18, 2011
      Rich --

      The commute from Michigan prohibits me from attending. But I'm curious about the Patrol Leaders Development course. Is this an official syllabus that can be ordered? If not, would the trainer be willing to share his/her training notes?

      It seems to me that this type of course should be an official and 'mandatory' training course for any Scout elected to Patrol Leader.

      Thanks!

      Daniel Moore
      Southwest Michigan Training Academy
      "I used to be a fox!" C-15-07

      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Richard Perlman <richard@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Please join us at the...There will also be an all day
      > Patrol Leader Development Conference for scouts
      >
      > Rich Perlman
      > WPC Training Chair
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 22, 2011
        YPT policies and the material is updated so often by the BSA that I would be leary to create my own version.

        Bill

        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "A. Dukovic" <artdukovic@...> wrote:

        > Yep, got it on my computer and offer in-person YPT and This Is Scouting at every roundtable already; what I'm tryin to do is make getting YPT as easy as is possible, in order to avoid going to folks homes at gun point, and forcing them to get "trained", a little drastic, I'll admit??
        >
        > Have too many volunteers, with too many excuses, and no time to train each one individually; if I make the training "process" as simple (pictures) and easy (on-line in their jammies?) as I can, I'm hoping this will help motivate them to finally get trained??
        >
        > Yes, we can always kick them out as others suggested, but want to utilize all my resources possible, before we resort to that option; now I may wind up tying these powerpoint slides to a brick to throw thru their windows first, but again, just lookin for "options", make sense??
        >
        > - Art

      • A. Dukovic
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 23, 2011
          Sorry, I DO USE only the BSA version; just download it so it runs better for me.

          - Art
          YPT policies and the material is updated so often by the BSA that I would be leary to create my own version.

          Bill

          --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "A. Dukovic" <artdukovic@...> wrote:

          > Yep, got it on my computer and offer in-person YPT and This Is Scouting at every roundtable already; what I'm tryin to do is make getting YPT as easy as is possible, in order to avoid going to folks homes at gun point, and forcing them to get "trained", a little drastic, I'll admit??
          >
          > Have too many volunteers, with too many excuses, and no time to train each one individually; if I make the training "process" as simple (pictures) and easy (on-line in their jammies?) as I can, I'm hoping this will help motivate them to finally get trained??
          >
          > Yes, we can always kick them out as others suggested, but want to utilize all my resources possible, before we resort to that option; now I may wind up tying these powerpoint slides to a brick to throw thru their windows first, but again, just lookin for "options", make sense??
          >
          > - Art

        • Herb
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 23, 2011
            be weary of power point poisoning!!