Known bugs in new fill-able Eagle workbook

  • GANTTE
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2011
      Just FYI... I have reported to the national group two bugs with the new Eagle workbook...

      When you enter the Eagle candidate name on the first cover sheet, it was their intention, that name be automagically populated in other fields throughout the workbook. Unfortunately, the underlying data links are not quite linked appropriately.

      So on page "C1", the data entered in the Eagle Scout
      candidate's name field, also appears on page "7".
      It should also appear on page 6.

      Another error, is that is should also appear at the top
      of page "8", but instead the Scoutmaster's name is showing.
      You cannot fix it, cause it then changes the info for the
      Scoutmaster on page "6".

      I received a note back this morning, that they have logged
      the issue and that this and other feedback will be corrected
      and updated soon via the same link to the National form.

      The take away message, Be Prepared, and DO NOT copy this form
      to your local web servers or unit storage. ALWAYS advertise
      the single link to the National forms. That way, everyone
      works from the correct and latest version.

      One other important note, NOT related to the workbook:
      ALL BSA forms were meant to be "filled" using Adobe Reader
      version 8.x or higher. You will get inconsistent results
      with lower revisions of Reader. Also, never use Apple/Mac
      "Preview" app to edit BSA forms. There is a long known bug
      that will make the edits unusable for those reading it with
      Adobe Reader. There is a tool that can be used to fix forms
      completed with Preview, but it is better to just not create
      the problem initially.

      Good Scouting --> Gantt