RE: [Scouter_T] Re: New CPR Technique

  • Glen Hoshizaki
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 15, 2011
      Hmmm…

      I’m not sure I agree 100% with your statement that “only qualified professionals” should be teaching CPR. As a first aid merit badge instructor I certainly see a lot of cringe-worthy misinformation pass from scout to scout, making my job more interesting. Nevertheless, I like how Scouting has scouts teach each other, and that includes CPR.

      Of course, a good instructor can make a world of difference, but a motivated self-directed learner can accomplish a lot. And the combination of the two? Well…

      Glen

      American Heart Association Basic Life Support instructor and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support instructor