RE: [Scouter_T] New Eagle Project Workbook was: Introducing the Guide to Advancement

  • fred-scouts@skrotzki.net
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 11, 2011
      There is a problem with the link in the message thanks to Microsoft trying
      to be smarter then it really is, look at it closely and you will notice that
      it includes a period at the end that does not belong. So to use the posted
      link do a little copy and paste (backspace a character) and enter. I've
      provided it here fixed.

      http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/BoyScouts/AdvancementandAwards/resources
      .aspx
      As was pointed out it does say available shortly.

      For those that want the Eagle workbook without it being editable you can go
      here:
      <http://www.troop439.net/512-927_Eagle_Scout_Service_Project_Workbook.pdf>
      http://www.troop439.net/512-927_Eagle_Scout_Service_Project_Workbook.pdf

      If for those that don't get the Advancement letter here is a shorter link
      for the new Guide to Advancement: <http://tinyurl.com/NewBSAAdvGuide>
      http://tinyurl.com/NewBSAAdvGuide

      _____

      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 11, 2011
        Not sure if you still need the powerpoint but here are a few thoughts that may help you.

        I work in the computer security industry. If you have a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) in your group, they have access to a great presentation through (ISC)2, their certification body. You may want to check your within your group or district.

        (ISC)2 also has cyberbullying presentation program where its members can bring this presentation straight to your group. You can request this service through www.isc2.org. For the speakers to participate in this program, they go through a training program and a background check because they are dealing with the youth.

        I also found some very good videos on cyberbullying on You Tube. Just do the search. There is a very good one on that is a "diary" of a student who has been subject to CB. Its also from Childnet International and can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNumIY9D7uY.

        Lastly, if you are willing to consider some outside help, reach out to your local law enforcement. Depending on your locality size, they may have a dedicate Public Information Officer, similiar to the DARE officers, that can speak to this subject.

        Hope this helps.

        Ken

        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Ernest Schmidt <eaglewarr7@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for that i missed it, went right over my head, But i am looking for a Power point briefing on "Cyber bully" I am puting a class together for my 1st Class soon to be scouts.

      • Ernest Schmidt
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 12, 2011
          Yes i can thanks a lot.

          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 18, 2011
            "Fillable" workbook is now available folks!!

            - Art

            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 18, 2011
              At the same link?

              Connie

              --- On Tue, 10/18/11, A. Dukovic <artdukovic@...> wrote:

              "Fillable" workbook is now available folks!!

              -

            • Richard Perlman
              Message 6 of 22 , Oct 18, 2011
                Here's a direct link to the fillable workbook:

                http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/512-927_fillable.pdf

                Rich

                On 10/18/2011 4:23 PM, Connie Knie wrote:
                > At the same link?
                >
                > Connie
                >
                > --- On Tue, 10/18/11, A. Dukovic<artdukovic@...> wrote:
                >

                > "Fillable" workbook is now available folks!!
                >

                > -

              • A. Dukovic
                Message 7 of 22 , Oct 18, 2011
                  Yes, go to the National site and both are available now as well as the "old" forms.

                  - Art

                  Message 8 of 22 , Oct 19, 2011
                    Fillable workbook is here:

                    http://scouting.org/scoutsource/BoyScouts/AdvancementandAwards/resources.aspx