Re: [Scouter_T] New Eagle Project Workbook was: Introducing the Guide to Advancement

  • Ernest Schmidt
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 9, 2011
      Thanks for that i missed it, went right over my head, But i am looking for a Power point briefing on "Cyber bully" I am puting a class together for my 1st Class soon to be scouts.

      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 11, 2011
        See if there is anything here you can use:
        http://scouting.org/filestore/ppt/BULLYINGPREVENTION.ppt

      • fred-scouts@skrotzki.net
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 11, 2011
          There is a problem with the link in the message thanks to Microsoft trying
          to be smarter then it really is, look at it closely and you will notice that
          it includes a period at the end that does not belong. So to use the posted
          link do a little copy and paste (backspace a character) and enter. I've
          provided it here fixed.

          http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/BoyScouts/AdvancementandAwards/resources
          .aspx
          As was pointed out it does say available shortly.

          For those that want the Eagle workbook without it being editable you can go
          here:
          <http://www.troop439.net/512-927_Eagle_Scout_Service_Project_Workbook.pdf>
          http://www.troop439.net/512-927_Eagle_Scout_Service_Project_Workbook.pdf

          If for those that don't get the Advancement letter here is a shorter link
          for the new Guide to Advancement: <http://tinyurl.com/NewBSAAdvGuide>
          http://tinyurl.com/NewBSAAdvGuide

          _____

          Connie ive been trying to go to that link and it keeps telling me there is
          no such file? did BSA remove it already?

          Info from an advancement newsletter that came out Friday:

          The new workbook as a illable PDF document will be available shortly at
          http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/BoyScouts/AdvancementandAwards/resources
          .aspx. Like the Guide to Advancement, it has been completely
          rewritten. The new workbook supports the revised wording in Eagle Scout
          requirement 5, which calls for a project proposal to be approved by the
          council or district, rather than "the project plan."
          Scouts have a choice to use either the new workbook or the one it is
          replacing. If they have already had their Eagle Scout service project
          approved by the council or district under the current wording of requirement
          5, using the current workbook, they should continue with
          the same workbook. If their project has not yet been approved by the council
          or district, they may elect to use the new wording and the new workbook. For
          Scouts who choose to use the new workbook, those approving Eagle Scout
          service projects must evaluate projects accordingly, using the procedures
          outlined in the Guide to Advancement, and judging candidates' project
          proposals.

          Those responsible for council or district project approval do not have the
          authority to require use of the previous workbook edition if Scouts have
          elected to use the new requirement and the new workbook.
          We are aware of issues some Eagle Scout candidates have encountered using
          fillable PDF workbooks. Though we have taken some measures to improve the
          fillable PDF, some may still experience difficulties with it. As a solution,
          we are currently working toward a new approach to the workbook that may
          involve an online, interactive, downloadable application. If testing proves
          it to be a superior document, fully functional on virtually any operating
          system, we will abandon the fillable PDF version. Regardless, the workbook
          will continue to be
          available for printing a hard copy that can be completed by hand or with a
          typewriter.

          Connie Knie <cknie23100@...> wrote:

          > Thanks so much for this. Being the RT commissioner, I love getting info I
          can send out to my Scoutmasters.Â
          > Quick question, what about a scout that starts the process in the fall and
          will not be finished until after January? I suppose the answer is easy
          enough, make sure he starts in the new book. But what with the speed word
          gets handed down from alot of Council Advancement Committees (NOT).Â
          > Or a scout that started even further back......you know how sometimes a
          scout starts the process and then for some reason there is a long
          stall........... Â
          > Thanks
          >
          > Connie

        • kenbuszta
          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 11, 2011
            Not sure if you still need the powerpoint but here are a few thoughts that may help you.

            I work in the computer security industry. If you have a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) in your group, they have access to a great presentation through (ISC)2, their certification body. You may want to check your within your group or district.

            (ISC)2 also has cyberbullying presentation program where its members can bring this presentation straight to your group. You can request this service through www.isc2.org. For the speakers to participate in this program, they go through a training program and a background check because they are dealing with the youth.

            I also found some very good videos on cyberbullying on You Tube. Just do the search. There is a very good one on that is a "diary" of a student who has been subject to CB. Its also from Childnet International and can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNumIY9D7uY.

            Lastly, if you are willing to consider some outside help, reach out to your local law enforcement. Depending on your locality size, they may have a dedicate Public Information Officer, similiar to the DARE officers, that can speak to this subject.

            Hope this helps.

            Ken

          • Ernest Schmidt
            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 12, 2011
              Yes i can thanks a lot.

              See if there is anything here you can use:
              http://scouting.org/filestore/ppt/BULLYINGPREVENTION.ppt

              --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Ernest Schmidt <eaglewarr7@...> wrote:

              > Thanks for that i missed it, went right over my head, But i am looking for a Power point briefing on "Cyber bully" I am puting a class together for my 1st Class soon to be scouts.

            • A. Dukovic
              Message 6 of 22 , Oct 18, 2011
                "Fillable" workbook is now available folks!!

                - Art

                Message 7 of 22 , Oct 18, 2011
                  At the same link?

                  Connie

                  --- On Tue, 10/18/11, A. Dukovic <artdukovic@...> wrote:

                  "Fillable" workbook is now available folks!!

                  -

                • Richard Perlman
                  Message 8 of 22 , Oct 18, 2011
                    Here's a direct link to the fillable workbook:

                    http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/512-927_fillable.pdf

                    Rich

                    On 10/18/2011 4:23 PM, Connie Knie wrote:
                    > At the same link?
                    >
                    > Connie
                    >
                    > --- On Tue, 10/18/11, A. Dukovic<artdukovic@...> wrote:
                    >

                    > "Fillable" workbook is now available folks!!
                    >

                    > -

                  • A. Dukovic
                    Message 9 of 22 , Oct 18, 2011
                      Yes, go to the National site and both are available now as well as the "old" forms.

                      - Art

                      Message 10 of 22 , Oct 19, 2011
                        Fillable workbook is here:

                        http://scouting.org/scoutsource/BoyScouts/AdvancementandAwards/resources.aspx