Re: Tiger Den Leader registration code?

  • Bob Riley
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 7, 2001
      Kevin Pate wrote :
      <<So far as I know, it is DL and an Assistant Tiger Den
      > Leader would be DA.>>

      I "believe" the Tigers have only the Den Leader,
      with no assistants. The parents are supposed to act
      as assistants.

      Bob Riley
      ex-Cubmaster but, with a Committee Meeting Monday. Aggghhhh!
    • Lloyd Solis
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 7, 2001
        The Tiger Cub Den Leader designation is TL.
        There is no position for an assistant (but I wouldn't let that stop me from
        registering a whole bunch of TL's......two deep.......three deep.......four
        deep..........more..........
        Lloyd

      • redhotladyscorpion@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 9, 2001
          --- In scouter_t@y..., "Bob Riley" <bob@p...> wrote:
          > Kevin Pate wrote :
          > <<So far as I know, it is DL and an Assistant Tiger Den
          > > Leader would be DA.>>
          >
          > I "believe" the Tigers have only the Den Leader,
          > with no assistants. The parents are supposed to act
          > as assistants.
          >
          > Bob Riley
          > ex-Cubmaster but, with a Committee Meeting Monday. Aggghhhh!

          Bob,

          I am on our District Training Team in the Capitol Area Council and I
          am responsible for the Tiger Den Leader Breakout. Our training was
          held yesterday.

          While you are correct about only being one Den Leader with no
          assistants, all information that I found in my research led me to
          believe that the Den Leader is to act more in the role of the
          Assistant Den Leader each month, offering aide to the host parent-of-
          the-month; excepting that the Den Leader is to be responsible for pre-
          planning well in advance of particular meetings and to ensure follow-
          through of those plans.

          In other words, the Den Leader is to initiate contact with the host
          parent at approximately the time of the 2nd meeting of the month
          prior to the month for which this particular parent is the host.
          Example: At the 2nd meeting of September, the Den Leader should make
          contact with the upcoming host parent to begin planning for October's
          meetings and activities. That is not to disqualify that all ideas
          should be pre-planned for the whole year -- just begin working on the
          details of those activities about 3 weeks in advance.