RE: [Scouter_T] Re: Adult Registered Position Question

  • Howard Hansen - DC
    Message 1 of 29 , Sep 5, 2011
      It was my understanding that the MBC with a fee was because the MBC had no
      other registered position and wanted to get Scouting Magazine. I could be
      wrong, but that is what I was told.

      Howard Hansen

      District Commissioner

      Fox Valley District

      Three Fires Council

      _____

      From: mcquaidfam@... <mailto:mcquaidfam%40comcast.net>
      <mcquaidfam@... <mailto:mcquaidfam%40comcast.net> >
      To: "scouter t" <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:scouter_t%40yahoogroups.com> >
      Date: Monday, September 5, 2011, 12:44 PM

      Hi,

      I have NO idea why there would be Merit Badge Counselors that pay, it just
      sticks in my brain as something "odd".

      The code list is pretty long, and generally only a few are ever used by a
      council.

      Marian Mcquaid

      Message 2 of 29 , Sep 5, 2011
        Could be just to keep track of people like myself that are registered in
        other positions and are also merit badge counselors. I don't know how
        multipled positions are recorded in ScoutNet, but that was an idea
        especially since the code is 42M (for multipled perhaps?).

        Roy Fisher

        Message 3 of 29 , Sep 5, 2011
          No. To multiple some one, the registrar checks a box. In the code list, it clearly indicates that 42m is paid.

          I will check into it this week and find out!
          Marian McQuaid

        • mcquaidfam@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 29 , Sep 5, 2011
            NOW that makes sense. But I get wary when Scoutnet decides to allow logic.

            Marian McQuaid

            From: mcquaidfam@... <mailto:mcquaidfam%40comcast.net>
            <mcquaidfam@... <mailto:mcquaidfam%40comcast.net> >
            To: "scouter t" <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com