Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Adult Registered Position Question

  • A. Dukovic
    Message 1 of 29 , Sep 5, 2011
      That is great; if they've done it correctly, the boys should show up on each Unit's charter as well, and ONLY requiring YPT should not hurt Unit "numbers".

      - Art
      Message 2 of 29 , Sep 5, 2011
        Ah, I am not sure about this. As a registrar, I have seen 3 digit numbers and there is 42M for Merit Badge Counselors who pay.

        Marian McQuaid
        Boston Minuteman Council

        > I have confirmed that 92U - Unit College [S]couter Reserve is indeed a
        new UNIT position and the required training for it is only YPT.
        Registrars will be informed of it next week and then it will be
        announced by National.

        I don't think the code 92U will be used as ScoutNet currently allows
        only two positions for the Position Code (to change to a 3-position code
        would require rewriting the entire ScoutNet system!).

        I'm sure something else will be used.

        Paul Y
        District Advancement Chair
        Thunderbird District
        Inland Northwest Council
        Spokane WA
        "Once a Fox, always a Fox"

      • Paul
        Message 3 of 29 , Sep 5, 2011
          --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, mcquaidfam@... wrote:

          > Ah, I am not sure about this. As a registrar, I have seen 3 digit
          numbers and there is 42M for Merit Badge Counselors who pay.

          So if the Adult Application has only two positions, how does one know to
          put three characters there?

          And "Merit Badge Counselors who pay"? What! National's guidelines says
          code 42 (Merit Badge Counselor) is a no fee position.

          Is there a way to see all the registration position codes?
          I have a listing of all the training course codes, but a listing of all
          the registration codes would probably be helpful!

          Paul Y
          District Advancement Chair
          Thunderbird District
          Inland Northwest Council
          Spokane WA
          "Once a Fox, always a Fox"

        • Michael Crothers
          Message 4 of 29 , Sep 5, 2011
            There are presently approximately 440 registration code.

            Yours In Scouting

            Mike Crothers

            and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13

            and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

            Message 5 of 29 , Sep 5, 2011
              Hi,
              I have NO idea why there would be Merit Badge Counselors that pay, it just sticks in my brain as something "odd".
              The code list is pretty long, and generally only a few are ever used by a council.
              Marian Mcquaid

                Message 7 of 29 , Sep 5, 2011
                  On 9/5/11 3:44 PM, mcquaidfam@... wrote:

                  > Hi,
                  > I have NO idea why there would be Merit Badge Counselors that pay, it
                  > just sticks in my brain as something "odd".
                  > The code list is pretty long, and generally only a few are ever used
                  > by a council.
                  > Marian Mcquaid

                  I can think of one, A scouter who that is their most "direct contact"
                  position (as they no longer are working at the unit level) and want it
                  to be their primary position rather than Member at Large on the
                  District/Council committee, which they will then multiple into. To
                  multiple to a position, I suspect your primary needs to be a "paid"
                  position.

                  --
                  Richard Damon
                  Member of Committee, Troop 302 Arlington

                • Paul
                  Message 8 of 29 , Sep 5, 2011
                    --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Richard Damon <richard@...> wrote:

                    > On 9/5/11 3:44 PM, mcquaidfam@... wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I have NO idea why there would be Merit Badge Counselors that pay,
                    it just sticks in my brain as something "odd".

                    Yes, that seems very odd.

                    > I can think of one, A scouter who that is their most "direct contact"
                    position (as they no longer are working at the unit level) and want it
                    to be their primary position rather than Member at Large on the
                    District/Council committee, which they will then multiple into. To
                    multiple to a position, I suspect your primary needs to be a "paid"
                    position.

                    Nothing in the latest (2009) edition of the advancements guidelines
                    (33088) says they have to pay. It states:

                    " Register merit badge counselors by using the basic adult registration
                    form. All merit badge counselors must be approved by the council
                    advancement committee. Merit badge counselors are not required to pay a
                    fee if they are only registered as merit badge counselors."

                    In our district, we have several volunteers who are registered only as a
                    merit badge counselor; no other registrations. They do not pay any fees.

                    Paul Y
                    District Advancement Chair
                    Thunderbird District
                    Inland Northwest Council
                    Spokane WA
                    "Once a Fox, always a Fox"
                  • Howard Hansen - DC
                    Message 9 of 29 , Sep 5, 2011
                      It was my understanding that the MBC with a fee was because the MBC had no
                      other registered position and wanted to get Scouting Magazine. I could be
                      wrong, but that is what I was told.

                      Howard Hansen

                      District Commissioner

                      Fox Valley District

                      Three Fires Council

                      _____

                      --- On Mon, 9/5/11, mcquaidfam@... <mailto:mcquaidfam%40comcast.net>

                      From: mcquaidfam@... <mailto:mcquaidfam%40comcast.net>
                      <mcquaidfam@... <mailto:mcquaidfam%40comcast.net> >
                      To: "scouter t" <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
                      <mailto:scouter_t%40yahoogroups.com> >

                      > Ah, I am not sure about this. As a registrar, I have seen 3 digit

                      numbers and there is 42M for Merit Badge Counselors who pay.

                      So if the Adult Application has only two positions, how does one know to

                      put three characters there?

                      And "Merit Badge Counselors who pay"? What! National's guidelines says

                      code 42 (Merit Badge Counselor) is a no fee position.

                      Is there a way to see all the registration position codes?

                      I have a listing of all the training course codes, but a listing of all

                      the registration codes would probably be helpful!

                      Paul Y

                      District Advancement Chair

                      Thunderbird District

                      Inland Northwest Council

                      Spokane WA

                      "Once a Fox, always a Fox"

                    • R Fisher
                      Message 10 of 29 , Sep 5, 2011
                        Could be just to keep track of people like myself that are registered in
                        other positions and are also merit badge counselors. I don't know how
                        multipled positions are recorded in ScoutNet, but that was an idea
                        especially since the code is 42M (for multipled perhaps?).

                        Roy Fisher

                        Message 11 of 29 , Sep 5, 2011
                          No. To multiple some one, the registrar checks a box. In the code list, it clearly indicates that 42m is paid.

                          I will check into it this week and find out!
                          Marian McQuaid

                          Message 12 of 29 , Sep 5, 2011
                            NOW that makes sense. But I get wary when Scoutnet decides to allow logic.

                            Marian McQuaid

                            From: mcquaidfam@... <mailto:mcquaidfam%40comcast.net>
                            <mcquaidfam@... <mailto:mcquaidfam%40comcast.net> >
                            To: "scouter t" <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com