Re: Adult Registered Position Question

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 29 , Sep 4, 2011
      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <bnelson45@...> wrote:

      > I have confirmed that 92U - Unit College [S]couter Reserve is indeed a
      new UNIT position and the required training for it is only YPT.
      Registrars will be informed of it next week and then it will be
      announced by National.

      I don't think the code 92U will be used as ScoutNet currently allows
      only two positions for the Position Code (to change to a 3-position code
      would require rewriting the entire ScoutNet system!).

      I'm sure something else will be used.

      Paul Y
      District Advancement Chair
      Thunderbird District
      Inland Northwest Council
      Spokane WA
      "Once a Fox, always a Fox"
    • Michael Crothers
      Message 2 of 29 , Sep 5, 2011
        1. Currently there are many three digit registration codes being used in ScoutNet. Two examples are
        a. PCC  - Post Committee Chair
        b. PMC - Post Committee Member.

        2. I found 92U listed with other registered positions in ScoutNet.
        Yours In Scouting

        Mike Crothers

        and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13

        and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

        Message 3 of 29 , Sep 5, 2011
          --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Michael Crothers <dowrightbw@...>
          wrote:

          > 1. Currently there are many three digit registration codes being used
          in ScoutNet. Two examples are
          > a. PCCÂ - Post Committee Chair
          > b. PMC - Post Committee Member.
          >
          > 2. I found 92U listed with other registered positions in ScoutNet.

          I stand corrected! I don't have access to that part of ScoutNet so I was
          basing my reply on what I see on the Adult Application - and the codes
          listered therein.

          You would think that if the Adult Application has only two spaces for
          the position code, ScoutNet would use two positions.

          Hmmmm, makes me wonder how you enter three codes in two boxes?????

          Paul
          District Advancement Chair
          Thunderbird District
          Inland Northwest Council
          Spokane WA
          "Once Fox, always a Fox"
        • A. Dukovic
          Message 4 of 29 , Sep 5, 2011
            That is great; if they've done it correctly, the boys should show up on each Unit's charter as well, and ONLY requiring YPT should not hurt Unit "numbers".

            - Art

          • mcquaidfam@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 29 , Sep 5, 2011
              Ah, I am not sure about this. As a registrar, I have seen 3 digit numbers and there is 42M for Merit Badge Counselors who pay.

              Marian McQuaid
              Boston Minuteman Council

              Message 6 of 29 , Sep 5, 2011
                --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, mcquaidfam@... wrote:

                > Ah, I am not sure about this. As a registrar, I have seen 3 digit
                numbers and there is 42M for Merit Badge Counselors who pay.

                So if the Adult Application has only two positions, how does one know to
                put three characters there?

                And "Merit Badge Counselors who pay"? What! National's guidelines says
                code 42 (Merit Badge Counselor) is a no fee position.

                Is there a way to see all the registration position codes?
                I have a listing of all the training course codes, but a listing of all
                the registration codes would probably be helpful!

                  Message 8 of 29 , Sep 5, 2011
                    Hi,
                    I have NO idea why there would be Merit Badge Counselors that pay, it just sticks in my brain as something "odd".
                    The code list is pretty long, and generally only a few are ever used by a council.
                    Marian Mcquaid

                      Message 10 of 29 , Sep 5, 2011
                        On 9/5/11 3:44 PM, mcquaidfam@... wrote:

                        > Hi,
                        > I have NO idea why there would be Merit Badge Counselors that pay, it
                        > just sticks in my brain as something "odd".
                        > The code list is pretty long, and generally only a few are ever used
                        > by a council.
                        > Marian Mcquaid

                        I can think of one, A scouter who that is their most "direct contact"
                        position (as they no longer are working at the unit level) and want it
                        to be their primary position rather than Member at Large on the
                        District/Council committee, which they will then multiple into. To
                        multiple to a position, I suspect your primary needs to be a "paid"
                        position.

                        --
                        Richard Damon
                        Member of Committee, Troop 302 Arlington

                      • Paul
                        Message 11 of 29 , Sep 5, 2011
                          --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Richard Damon <richard@...> wrote:

                          > On 9/5/11 3:44 PM, mcquaidfam@... wrote:
                          > >
                          > > I have NO idea why there would be Merit Badge Counselors that pay,
                          it just sticks in my brain as something "odd".

                          Yes, that seems very odd.

                          > I can think of one, A scouter who that is their most "direct contact"
                          position (as they no longer are working at the unit level) and want it
                          to be their primary position rather than Member at Large on the
                          District/Council committee, which they will then multiple into. To
                          multiple to a position, I suspect your primary needs to be a "paid"
                          position.

                          Nothing in the latest (2009) edition of the advancements guidelines
                          (33088) says they have to pay. It states:

                          " Register merit badge counselors by using the basic adult registration
                          form. All merit badge counselors must be approved by the council
                          advancement committee. Merit badge counselors are not required to pay a
                          fee if they are only registered as merit badge counselors."

                          In our district, we have several volunteers who are registered only as a
                          merit badge counselor; no other registrations. They do not pay any fees.

                          Paul Y
                          District Advancement Chair
                          Thunderbird District
                          Inland Northwest Council
                          Spokane WA
                          "Once a Fox, always a Fox"
                        • Howard Hansen - DC
                          Message 12 of 29 , Sep 5, 2011
                            It was my understanding that the MBC with a fee was because the MBC had no
                            other registered position and wanted to get Scouting Magazine. I could be
                            wrong, but that is what I was told.

                            Howard Hansen

                            District Commissioner

                            Fox Valley District

                            Three Fires Council

                            _____

                            --- On Mon, 9/5/11, mcquaidfam@... <mailto:mcquaidfam%40comcast.net>

                            From: mcquaidfam@... <mailto:mcquaidfam%40comcast.net>
                            <mcquaidfam@... <mailto:mcquaidfam%40comcast.net> >
                            To: "scouter t" <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
                            <mailto:scouter_t%40yahoogroups.com> >

                            > Ah, I am not sure about this. As a registrar, I have seen 3 digit

                            numbers and there is 42M for Merit Badge Counselors who pay.

                            So if the Adult Application has only two positions, how does one know to

                            put three characters there?

                            And "Merit Badge Counselors who pay"? What! National's guidelines says

                            code 42 (Merit Badge Counselor) is a no fee position.

                            Is there a way to see all the registration position codes?

                            I have a listing of all the training course codes, but a listing of all

                            the registration codes would probably be helpful!

                            Paul Y

                            District Advancement Chair

                            Thunderbird District

                            Inland Northwest Council

                            Spokane WA

                            "Once a Fox, always a Fox"

                          • R Fisher
                            Message 13 of 29 , Sep 5, 2011
                              Could be just to keep track of people like myself that are registered in
                              other positions and are also merit badge counselors. I don't know how
                              multipled positions are recorded in ScoutNet, but that was an idea
                              especially since the code is 42M (for multipled perhaps?).

                              Roy Fisher

                              Message 14 of 29 , Sep 5, 2011
                                No. To multiple some one, the registrar checks a box. In the code list, it clearly indicates that 42m is paid.

                                I will check into it this week and find out!
                                Marian McQuaid

                                Message 15 of 29 , Sep 5, 2011
                                  NOW that makes sense. But I get wary when Scoutnet decides to allow logic.

                                  Marian McQuaid

                                  From: mcquaidfam@... <mailto:mcquaidfam%40comcast.net>
                                  <mcquaidfam@... <mailto:mcquaidfam%40comcast.net> >
                                  To: "scouter t" <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com