RE: [Scouter_T] Mandatory training movement

  • Cpaitlres
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 2001
      The liability of manditory training is in the delivery of the training. In
      our council we have many languages spoken here. We would have to deliver
      trainings in all the languages. There is a court precidence in northern
      California about the BSA trainings. The manditory trainng issues are far
      more complex than most of us understand. I had a proposal for manditory
      training ready to go the Council Board. They went to legal and were told not
      to impliment.

      This court case I ehar was at the beginning of this year.

      Rick Kagawa

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 2001
        Rich wrote: <snip> There is a court precidence in northern California about
        the BSA trainings. <snip>

        Really! I'd be interested to learn some more details about this. Do you have
        any more information that you could share?

        BTW, I'll be presenting at your LTC event in November--It would be nice to
        put a face to the name!

        For others out there, LTC is Orange County Council's Leadership Training
        Conference and takes place this year on November 3rd. I attended as a
        session leader last year and must compliment our neighboring council on a
        wonderfully presented, well organized event. If you can attend, I guarantee
        it to be worth your time and effort. Loads of informative sessions, plenty
        of displays and activities, great people and a fun atmosphere. In many ways,
        better run than some of the major Oracle conferences I've been to, and it
        costs less, too. (They don't give away as much stuff, though...)

        Sean Scott
        Training Chairman
        Cub Roundtable Commissioner
        Day Camp Director, Tahquitz District
        Family FOS Chairman, California Inland Empire Council

        WM-45-2-00 - "I used to be a Buffalo..."
      • Cpaitlres
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 2001
          National themselves have a problem with manditory training. This is why they
          have not implimented this policy. The reasons for this have been stated in
          the previous message.

          There really isn't much to share. No manditory training in this council.