Looking for guide for YPT for new leaders

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2011
      I'm looking for a short handout to lead a new leader in YPT training and attaching the certificate to the application.

      Does anyone have one in word format or some other format that can be edited?

      Bill
    • Ben Ward
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2011
        http://scouting.org/Training/YouthProtection.aspx

        http://scouting.org/filestore/pdf/100-023_WB.pdf

        This sounds like what you are looking for.

        Yours in Scouting,

        Ben Ward

        Eagle Scout Class 1999
        Heart of Virginia Council # 602

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2011
          Actually I'm looking for a short guide that just tells a new adult how to register to myscouting.org, take YPT, print the certificate and attach to the application.

          Bill

          --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Ben Ward <troop555eaglescout@...> wrote:

          > http://scouting.org/Training/YouthProtection.aspx
          >
          > http://scouting.org/filestore/pdf/100-023_WB.pdf
          >
          > This sounds like what you are looking for.
          >
          > Yours in Scouting,
          >

          > Ben Ward
          >

          > Eagle Scout Class 1999
          > Heart of Virginia Council # 602

        • Ben Ward
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 3, 2011
            You do not have to be a registered member or have a member ID to take Youth Protection training.
            To take Youth Protection training go toMyScouting.org and create an account.
            From the MyScouting.org portal, click on E-Learning and take the Youth Protection training.
            Upon completion, you may print a certificate of completion to submit with a volunteer application or submit the completion certificate to the unit leader for processing at the local council.
            When your volunteer application is approved, you will receive a BSA membership card which includes your member ID number. After you receive your membership card, log back into MyScouting, click on My Profile and update the system by inputting your member ID number. This will link your Youth Protection training records, and any other training, in MyScouting to your BSA membership.

            ________________________________
            Actually I'm looking for a short guide that just tells a new adult how to register to myscouting.org, take YPT, print the certificate and attach to the application.

            Bill

            --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Ben Ward <troop555eaglescout@...> wrote:

            > http://scouting.org/Training/YouthProtection.aspx
            >
            > http://scouting.org/filestore/pdf/100-023_WB.pdf
            >
            > This sounds like what you are looking for.
            >
            > Yours in Scouting,
            >

            > Ben Ward
            >

            > Eagle Scout Class 1999
            > Heart of Virginia Council # 602

          • A. Dukovic
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 3, 2011
              Give one of these too Bill; shows, on one page, exactly what adults need to be "trained" and is the best I seen outta National.

              As far as "college scouter reserve" folks, yes, is a council position and requires only YPT; it's designed for collage youth that wish to stay involved with units when they are home from school, without messing up their "training" numbers for the unit.

              Now that training is mandatory, this works quite well; as some of you may remember, SMs would just register all their older boys as ASMs once they turned 18 and now that training "numbers" are being tracked and direct contact training is mandatory, this won't work any longer, thus the "scouter reserve" positions.

              Keep in mind please, that of course your boys should be trained if they're gonna hang woith the Troop as adults, this position just gives you some time options to get them "trained".

              - Art